Apply for a Global Work Permit In Bermuda By Online
- Prepare and gather all the documents needed to be submitted with the application. Prepare all the necessary documents to support the
- Get the Application Form from the Immigration department, or download it using the following link: Files
- Be sure to read the form thoroughly because it is made up of various sections and forms.
- Fill out the application form and verify that you have all necessary documents listed in Section 5 of the form.
- If the permit for work is part of a job category that requires a statutory body to be consulted, fill out the Reference to Statutory Council Application Form, Section 7. fill it completed along with an medical authorization form found in Section 8.
- Pay the application fee and add the receipt to the application form.
- Make an application form and send it at the Department of Immigration justifying your need and attach the form with the supporting documents.
- The ministry will examine your application, and if they find satisfactory results , they will issue the license.
Note NOTE: The Company must show it is the case that the Global Work Permit holder isn’t moving to replace a previously-existing job in Bermuda.
Required Documents For Apply for a Global Work Permit
- A completed Global Work Permit Application Form
- Police certification
- Medical clearance
- References to character and employment
- Fees that are required (see below)
- Copy of the job advertisement
- Photos of passport size
- Evidence proof of nationality (passport)
- A valid proof of Permanent Visa or Resident Visa/Permanent Resident Card is issued by the US/Canada/UK
- Certificate of marriage (if required)
- Birth certificate
- Statement of employment
- Government tax payments and employee benefits
- Additional information/supplementary sheet that includes company information and employer details, along with details on efforts made to hire local resources
- New companies also need to provide the certificate of incorporation along with a the company’s profile.
Check out the check list in the section 5 of the application form.
Office Locations and Contacts
Department of Immigration:
Government Administration Building
30 Parliament Street
Address for Mailing:
P.O. Box HM 1364
Immigration Office Opening Hours: 8:30a.m. until 5:00p.m. Telephone: 441-295-5151 Ext. 1378
Contact numbers for other contact types:
- Chief Immigration Officer Chief Immigration Officer Ext 1444
- Assistant Chief Immigration Officer: 441-295-5151
- The Personal Service Division
- Personal Services Manager Personal Services Manager Ext 1393
- Status and Long Residents who are Long
- Land & Travel Documents 441-295-5151 Ext 1941
- Visas 441-295-5151 Ext 1393
- Corporate Services (Work Permits) Division:
- Executive Manager of Corporate Services: 441-295-5151 Ext . 1940
- Finance & Banking Industry: 441-295-5151 Ext 1534
- Service Industry: 441-295-5151 Ext 1388
- Government & Other Industries: 441-295-5151 Ext 1389
- Compliance Manager The Compliance Manager Ext 1395
- Principal Compliance Officer Principal Compliance Officer: 441-295-5151 Ext 1950
- Compliance (Airport) Airport Compliance
- Administrator and Finance Manager Contact: 441-295-5151 Ext 1943
- Immigration Hotline Contact: 441-296-5202
- Global Employers i.e. only employers located in Bermuda that employ people from the jurisdiction of outside Bermuda
- One Year Global Work permit: $ 1775
- Two Years Global Work Permit: $ 3150
- 3 Years Global Wok permit: $ 4300
- Four Years Global Work Permit: $ 5445
- Five Years Global Work Permit: $ 6765
- The Global Work Permit can be issued with a valid period between 1 and 5 years.
Documents to Utilize
- Global Work Permit Application From: App From
- Global Work Permit Global Work Permit can be granted for up to five years, based on the application, provided that the Permit isn’t applicable to jobs that are listed as restricted or closed categories.
- When it is the case that the Global Work Permit holder falls in a job classification in which a statutory body must be consulted, it should be done too.
- If the employer would like the owner of an Global Work Permit to stay until the expiration period of the Global Work Permit, the employer should apply for an Standard Work Permit.
- Name of the company
- Fees that must be paid
- Name of the applicant
- Birth date
- Short-term work permit type of application
- Employment details:
- Employer (name to be included on the work permit)
- Contact details for employers
- Telephone, cell, Fax
- Requested start date
- Remuneration for the year.
- Permit duration request (1 one year maximum)
- Applicant name
- The proposed job title or the purpose
- A close relationship between an employer and the applicant.
- Information on the nationality of applicants and dependents sponsored by the applicant
- Personal information of the applicant and dependents sponsored by the applicant
- Education, employment, and qualifications
Documentation is needed
- The Global Work Permit allows a person who is currently employed by a global corporation in another country to move into Bermuda. Bermuda office without having to announce the job.
Information that could be helpful
- Work Permit Policy: Work Permit Policy
Government of Bermuda: Government of Bermuda
Standard work permit: Standard work permit
Categories of Jobs: Job Categories