Apply for a New Business Work Permit In Bermuda By Online
- Prepare and gather all the documents needed to submit the application
- Get the Application Form from the Immigration department, or download it from here: form
- Take your time reading the form because it is made up of various sections and forms.
- Complete the application form, and ensure that you have all required documents , as stated in section 5 of the form.
- If the permit for work falls under a category that requires a statutory body to be consulted, fill out the Reference to Statutory Council Application Form, Section 7, and complete completed along with the medical certificate from Section 8 in the Application Form.
- Make payment for the application fee and add the receipt to the application form.
- Make an application form and send it directly to Department of Immigration justifying your need and attach the form along with the necessary documents.
- The ministry will examine your application, and if they get satisfactory results , they will issue the permission.
NOTE: The decision as to what qualifies as a new business is the responsibility of the Minister.
Required Documents For Apply for a New Business Work Permit
- Completed New Business Work Permit Applications Formulation
- Police certification
- Medical clearance
- References to character and employment
- Fees that are required (see below)
- Copy of the job ad
- Photos in passport-sized format
- Evidence proof of nationality (passport)
- A valid proof of Multi-entry Permanent Visa or Resident Visa/Permanent Resident Card is issued by the US/Canada/UK
- Certificate of marriage (if appropriate)
- Birth certificate
- Statement of employment
- Government tax payments and employee benefits
- Additional information/supplementary sheet that includes company information and employer details, along with details on efforts made to hire local resources
- New companies also need to provide the certificate of incorporation along with a business profile.
- Companies that expect to require more than 10 permits for work in the initial six months their operation (e.g. the relocation of an existing company from another country) and 114B businesses are required to submit their Bermuda workplace staffing plan.
Check out the check list in the section 5 of the application form.
Office Locations and Contacts
Department of Immigration:
Government Administration Building
30 Parliament Street
P.O. Box HM 1364
Immigration Office Opening Hours: 8:30a.m. until 5:00p.m.
Telephone: 441-295-5151 Ext. 1378
Additional contact numbers:
- Chief Immigration Officer Chief Immigration Officer Ext 1444
- Assistant Chief Immigration Officer: 441-295-5151
- The Personal Service Division
- Personal Services Manager Personal Services Manager Ext 1393
- Status and Long Residents with Status 441-295-5151 Ext 1952
- Land & Travel Documents 441-295-5151 Ext 1941
- Visas 441-295-5151 Ext 1393
- Corporate Services (Work Permits) Division:
- The Corporate Services Manager is 441-295-5151, Ext. 1940
- Finance & Banking Industry: 441-295-5151 Ext 1534
- Service Industry: 441-295-5151 Ext 1388
- Government & Other Industries: 441-295-5151 Ext 1389
- Compliance Manager Compliance Manager Ext 1395
- Principal Compliance Officer Principal Compliance Officer
- Compliance (Airport) Airport Compliance
- Administrator & Finance Manager Contact: 441-295-5151 Ext 1943
- Hotline for Immigration Contact: 441-296-5202
To be eligible to be eligible for the New Business Work Permit, employers must furnish:
- A certificate of incorporation for an Bermuda exempted business or a section 114B certificates
- The date on which the business has been or is scheduled to start operating (if the date of its first day of operation isn’t the same as the day that the company was formed).
- One Year Global Work permit: $ 1775
- Two Years Global Work Permit: $ 3150
- For three Years Global Wok permit: $ 4300
- Four Years Global Work Permit: $ 5445
- Five Years Global Work Permit: $ 6765
- A new Business Work Permit may be issued with a validity between 1 and 5 years.
Documents to Utilize
- New Business Work Permit Application Form: Application Form
- 10 working days
- New 114B companies that are new to Bermuda are granted new Business Work permits but they will be restricted to just five permits within the initial six-month period following receiving the initial permit.
The Information You Need
- Name of the applicant
- Birth date
- Short-term work permit type of application
- Employment details:
- Employer (name to be included on the work permit)
- Employer’s contact number
- Telephone Cellular, Fax, Telephone
- Requested start date
- Remuneration for the year.
- Permit duration request (1 one year maximum)
- Applicant name
- Job title or goal
- The relationship between the employer and applicant is a family one.
- Details of the applicant’s nationality and dependents sponsored by the applicant
- Personal information of applicants and their dependents who are sponsored
- Education, training, and employment
Documentation is needed
- A new Business Work Permit allows an exempted firm that is new to Bermuda to be granted the automatic approval of work permits for the initial six months following the issuance of the first business permit for a new venture.
Information that can be useful
- Work Permit Policy: Work Permit Policy