How To Apply for a new passport In Cook Islands
- Complete all required documents through the local passport offices in your local area or at the closest New Zealand Embassy, High Commission or Consulate
- Your passport official will accept your application and complete your application
- If there is anything wrong or they require more details, they’ll notify you via letter typically within 3 to 5 days following the receipt of an application in the standard format or will contact you in the event of any issue with the urgent application.
- To apply for a passport renewal, it cannot be completed on the internet.
Documents Required new passport
- Birth certificate
- Citizenship certificate.
- Photos from passports
Office Locations and Contacts
New Zealand Passport officeDepartment of Internal Affairs
109 Featherston Street
PO Box 1568
Free phonenumber: 0800 22 50 50 (NZ only)
Phone: +64 (4) 463 9360
Fax: +64 (4) 382 3410
What Are All The Eligibility
The citizens from New Zealand, Niue, Tokelau, Cook Islands or Tokelau are eligible
Standard Service (up 10-working days) Adult NZ$140.00 Child NZ$81.70
urgent service(up for 3 day) Adult NZ$293.30 Child NZ$235.00
After-hours(by arrangement) The adult NZ$651.00 Child NZ$592.70
It is believed that the New Zealand Passport is valid for a maximum of five years. The validity period starts on day of issue and continues through the expiry date.
Usually, within the 10th working day, but not including delivery times.
- A passport may now be issued in an applicants preferred sex / gender of M (male), F (female) or X (indeterminate/unspecified), without the need to amended these details on your birth or citizenship record.
- You can submit the application in a hurry and then pay an added cost for passports you need earlier
- Birth date
- Birthplace of the child
- Name of applicant
- Applicants parent names
The document is needed
The Cook Islands is an island country located in the South Pacific Ocean in free association with New Zealand. In addition, the Cook Islands’ defense and foreign affairs fall under the control of New Zealand, Although Cook Islanders are citizens of New Zealand, they have the status of Cook Islands nationals, which is not available the all other New Zealand citizens.
Information that could be helpful
- If you submit your application through an New Zealand Embassy or High Commission or Consulate office, an additional fee of NZ$50.00 is due.
- The money is directly paid to the diplomatic office in the exchange rate of the state that you reside in. Note that there are some offices that do not offer this service.
- If your passport is delivered to a different address, rather than the diplomatic post that you used to submit your application, then the appropriate international courier fees will be charged.
Other uses for the Document/Certificate
- used to identify
- It is used to prove citizenship
- If you would like your passport delivered to different country than the one where you’re submitting your application, you’ll have to pay a courier fee to deliver it. The cost of international couriers will differ based on the location to which the new passport will be delivered.International deliveries could come with additional charges and charges, which are imposed for instance by customs, the Courier Company and/or customs of the country in which your passport is delivered. These charges and fees can never be in advance paid directly to the Department of Internal Affairs, instead, they must be directly paid to the courier and/or customs by the person applying in the country where delivery is made.