Apply for a Short Term Work Permit In Bermuda By Online
- Prepare and gather all the necessary documents required to submit the application. Gather and prepare all the required documents for the
- Get the Application for the form at the Immigration department, or download it from this URL: FORM
- Be sure to read the form thoroughly because it is made up of various sections and forms.
- Fill out the application form and verify that you have all necessary documents listed in Section 5 on the form.
- If the permit for work is in a job classification that requires a statutory body to be consulted, fill out the Reference to Statutory council Formula in Section 7, and get it completed along with the medical certificate from Section 8
- Pay the application fees and include the receipt on the application form.
- Make an application form and send it at the Department of Immigration justifying your request . Attach the application form along with the necessary documents.
- The ministry will review your application, and if they find satisfactory outcomes, they will grant the license
See links to external sites below.
Required Documents For Apply for a Short Term Work Permit
- A completed Short term Work Permit Application Form
- Police certificates
- Medical clearance
- Character and employment references
- The fees that must be paid (see below)
- Copy of the job advertisement
- Photos of passport size
- Evidence proof of nationality (passport)
- A valid proof of multiple-entry Visa or Permanent Resident card issued by the US/Canada/UK
- Certificate of marriage (if appropriate)
- Birth certificate
- Statement of employment
- Government tax payments and employee benefits
- Additional information/supplementary sheet that includes company information and employer details, along with details on efforts made to hire local resources
Office Locations and Contacts
Department of Immigration:
Government Administration Building
30 Parliament Street
P.O. Box HM 1364
Immigration Office Opening Hours: 8:30a.m. until 5:00p.m.
Telephone: 441-295-5151 Ext. 1378
Additional contact numbers:
- Chief Immigration Officer Chief Immigration Officer Ext 1444
- Assistant Chief Immigration Officer: 441-295-5151
- The Personal Service Division
- Personal Services Manager Personal Services Manager Ext 1393
- Status and Long Residents with Status 441-295-5151 Ext 1952
- Land & Travel Documents 441-295-5151 Ext 1941
- Visas 441-295-5151 Ext 1393
- Corporate Services (Work Permits) Division:
- Executive Manager of Corporate Services: 441-295-5151 Ext . 1940
- Finance & Banking Industry: 441-295-5151 Ext 1534
- Service Industry: 441-295-5151 Ext 1388
- Government & Other Industries: 441-295-5151 Ext 1389
- Compliance Manager Compliance Manager Ext 1395
- Principal Compliance Officer Principal Compliance Officer
- Compliance (Airport) Airport Compliance
- Administrator & Finance Manager Contact: 441-295-5151 Ext 1943
- Hotline for Immigration Call 441-296-5202
- Employers such as NGOs and registered Charities and religious institutions
- Refer to section 3.1 by referring to the document in the document for information that could be helpful.
- Three months or more 3 months: $ 640
- 4 months $750
- 5 months for $860
- 6 months for $970
Note Emergency permit. This fee is added to the short-term application fee. If applications are submitted to more than one short-term permit, the extra fee of $550 cannot exceed $2,600 if that all applications are made in the same order with the exact same person.
- It’s valid for that extend to 3,4 or 5 6, and 6 months. It can be allowed to be extended within the appropriate processing time.
Documents to Utilize
- Short term Work Permit Application form:Form
- Applications are accepted for terms up to three or four, five, or 6 months.
- After the expiration of the period of the Short Term Work Permit the holder has to quit Bermuda or unless the employer requests extensions within the appropriate processing time.
- Short-Term Work Permit holders won’t usually be permitted to work and reside in the same area.
The Information You Need
- Name of the company
- Fees to be submitted
- Name of the applicant
- Birth date
- Type of work permit for short-term use
- Employment details:
- Employer (name to be included on the work permit)
- Contact details for employers
- Telephone, Cellular and Fax
- Requested start date – end date
- Base annual remunerations (if applicable)
- Request the length of permit
- Applicant name
- Job title or goal
Need to have the Document
- This document permits employers to request or procure services from other professionals outside Bermuda for a limited amount of time.
Information that could be helpful
Work permits policies:Work permits policies
- Government of Bermuda: Government of Bermuda