Apply for a Spearfishing Licence In Bermuda By Yourself
- Get the application form at the Department of Environment and Natural Resources office, or download it from this URL: Form
- Make sure you fill out the application form properly, and make sure you select Spearfishing as the type of license that is being sought.
- The application fee can be paid with a check or credit card (Visa or MasterCard). If you pay via cheque, make the cheque payable to: The Accountant General. You must also obtain proof of the payment
- Attach the receipt of payment with the completed application and send it in the department’s Environment and Natural Resources Licencing Office.
- The official will review your application, fill out the required section for officials. They will then transmit your application to the department for processing
- It will take a while for your application to be reviewed and you will receive the license you need.
Required Documents For Apply for a Spearfishing Licence
- The application is correctly filled in From
- Identification document
- The proof of payment
Office Locations and Contacts
Environment and Natural Resources:
169 South Road
Paget DV 04
Phone: (441) 236 4201
Section for Marine Management
P.O. Box HM 834
Hamilton CX Hamilton
Phone: (441) 236 4201
- Only Bermuda Residents
- $ 130 cashable or cheque, or credit card (Visa or MasterCard).
- If you are paying with a cheque, make sure to pay it to the Accountant General.
- The license is valid until the 31st day of August each year.
Documents to Utilize
- Formulary for application: Form
- License holders for fishing are required to provide the results of their fishing activities in a report.
- The statistics on the fishing of Spearfish are due at the at the end of each month.
- You won’t be relicensed until your prior statistics have been received.
The Information You Need
- Tel Number
- Date of Birth
Documentation is needed
- This License permits the user to Spearfish in Bermuda
Information that can be useful
Conditions for a licence to fish:
- Only pole spears are allowed. Spearguns and Hawaiian slings cannot be employed in Bermuda.
- Spearfishing when using SCUBA is a crime.
- It is illegal to spearfish in the vicinity of one nautical mile from the shores of any of Bermuda’s islands. Bermuda. This bans spearfishing in any harbours, bays, or sounds as well as along the South Shore. Anyone swimming within a nautical mile from the shore of any island in Bermuda with spears is presumed to be trying to catch fish.
- Alongside the usual rules regarding fishing There is a limit on the bag size of two fish from any one species per per day.
- The speling of lobsters is not allowed.
- Fish caught through spearfishing can never be offered for sale.
- Anyone who is who is found with a spear or SCUBA equipment on an vessel or on their person when swimming, is likely to be considered to be trying to catch fish.
- Any fish caught on a vessel where SCUBA gear is used or within the custody of anyone who is equipped with SCUBA gear is considered to have been caught in violation or the Fisheries Regulations until the contrary is proven.
- Government of Bermuda : Government of Bermuda