Apply for a Standard Work Permit In Bermuda By Online
- Prepare and gather all the necessary documents required for the application.
- Download the application Form from the Immigration department, or download it from this URL: Form
- Be sure to read the form thoroughly because it is made up of various sections and forms.
- Fill out the application form, and ensure that you have all required documents , as stated in Section 5 on the application form.
- If the permit for work is in a job classification in which a statutory council has to be consulted, then print the Referral To Statutory council form in section 7 to fill it completed along with the medical certificate from Section 8
- Make payment for the application fee and add the receipt to the application form.
- Send an application letter directly to Department of Immigration justifying your request . Attach the application form with the supporting documents.
- The ministry will examine your application and , if it is deemed to be satisfactory, results , they will issue the permission.
There are several kinds of Standard work permits. Please refer to the document in the “Information that could be useful” Section below(from Section 3.5 up to 3.9)
Documents that are required For Apply for a Standard Work Permit In Bermuda
- The completed application for a New Business Work Permit Formulation
- Police certificates
- Medical clearance
- References to character and employment
- The fees that must be paid (see below)
- Copy of the job advertisement
- Photos of passport size
- Evidence proof of nationality (passport)
- A valid proof of Multi-entry Visa or Permanent Resident Visa/Permanent Resident Card is issued by the US/Canada/UK
- Certificate of marriage (if required)
- Birth certificate
- Statement of employment
- Taxes paid to the government and employee benefits
- Additional information/supplementary sheet that includes company information and employer details, along with details on efforts made to hire local resources
Check the list of check-lists in Section 5 of the Application form.
Office Locations and Contacts
Department of Immigration:
Government Administration Building
30 Parliament Street
Address for Mailing:
P.O. Box HM 1364
Immigration Office Opening Hours: 8:30a.m. until 5:00p.m.
Telephone: 441-295-5151 Ext. 1378
Additional contact numbers:
- Chief Immigration Officer Chief Immigration Officer Ext 1444
- Assistant Chief Immigration Officer: 441-295-5151
- The Personal Service Division
- Personal Services Manager Personal Services Manager Ext 1393
- Status and Long Residents who are Long
- Land & Travel Documents 441-295-5151 Ext 1941
- Visas 441-295-5151 Ext 1393
- Corporate Services (Work Permits) Division:
- The Corporate Services Manager is 441-295-5151 Ext . 1940
- Finance & Banking Industry: 441-295-5151 Ext 1534
- Service Industry: 441-295-5151 Ext 1388
- Government & Other Industries: 441-295-5151 Ext 1389
- Compliance Manager Compliance Manager Ext 1395
- Principal Compliance Officer Principal Compliance Officer
- Compliance (Airport) Airport Compliance
- Administrator & Finance Manager Telephone: 441-295-5151, Ext 1943
- Immigration Hotline Contact: 441-296-5202
- Employers are able to request Standard Work Permits in jobs that fall in the open or special category. Application to apply for standard work permits will not be permitted for jobs in the closed category.
- One Year Global Work permit: $ 920
- Two Years Global Work Permit: $ 2295
- 3 Years Global Wok permit: $ 3445
- Four Years Global Work Permit: $ 4570
- Five Years Global Work Permit: $ 5905
- An Standard Work Permit can be issued with a valid period from 1 to 5 years.
Documents to Utilize
- Standard Work permit Application form:form
Examples of Documents
Please include a copy of your documents that are completed and would be helpful to others.
- 20 days
- Employers are required to advertise the job in accordance with law.
- Employers should carefully consider all Bermudian and spouse and PRC holders. Bermudian and PRC holders who are in compliance with the minimum requirements with reasonable selection procedures including interviews and testing.
For jobs that fall into the restricted category as well as the previous, employers must:
- You can apply for a maximum time of a year.
- Provide evidence that all candidates who have been screened and recommended to you by Department of Workforce Development (DWD) have been screened and recommended by Department of Workforce Development (DWD) are properly considered. DWD is expected to respond to queries by employers within 10 days. If no response is received from DWD the application can be submitted along with written evidence that inquiries were initiated.
The Information You Need
- Name of the applicant
- Birth date
- Short-term work permit type of application
- Employment details:
- Employer (name to be included on the work permit)
- Contact information for the employer
- Telephone, Cellular and Fax
- Requested start date
- Remunerations for each year
- Request duration of permit (1 one year maximum)
- Applicant name
- Job title or goal
- A close relationship between an employer and the applicant.
- Details of the applicant’s nationality and dependents who are sponsored
- Personal information of applicants and their dependents who are sponsored
- Education, training, and employment
The Document is required
- The Standard Work Permit permits any organization in Bermuda to hire foreign nationals, so long as they are able to prove that they can prove that a Bermudian or spouse of the Bermudian or PRC Holder was not competent or employed.
Information that can be useful