How To Apply for a Student Visa In Belgium
- The applicant must fill out the visa application form and then submit a fee for the application together with all required documents
- Some applicants may require appointments with the consulate of their country to submit an application.
- The applicant needs to go to at the Belgium Visa Application Centre during the hours of operation and be issued an identification number.
- The applicant is then able to track the application online
- After the Visa has been issued, the person will be informed to collect their passport at the Visa Application Centre or avail the service of courier delivery.
Documents that are required Apply for a Student Visa
- There are two forms for visa applications including three clear and recent photos in color.
- Original admissions letter from an Belgian higher education institution which is that is recognized or subscribed by public authorities with the reference to final admission or Provisional Admission.
- Original educational diplomas, as well as Original Certificates provided by the Royal Embassy of Belgium.
- A current Police Character Certificate for the applicant who is older than 21 years (the certificate must be valid for the last five years). If the applicant has been in multiple countries over the time period, several Police Character Certificates have to be presented.
- The medical certification is provided by a licensed doctor of the Belgian Embassy.
- National passport with duplicate of the first page. Its validity should be at least 1 year from the expiration date of the visa.
- The Financial Cover is a document of award of a scholarship issued by an Belgian or European institution, or the proof of payment for the first semester within Belgium as well as an official certificate of sponsorship for studying
Office Locations and Contacts
Belgium Immigration office
World Trade Center, Tour II
Antwerpsesteenweg, 59 B / ChaussedAnvers 59b
Tel. : 02/793.80.00
What Are All The Eligibility
Foreign students from countries that are not part of the European Union intending to take on studies at Belgian institutions of higher learning.
A Belgian student Visa costs 180 Euros or 234 USD.
The Belgian student Visa has validity for the duration of studies.
Documents to Utilize
Belgian Visa application Form http://diplomatie.belgium.be/en/binaries/VisumlangEN_tcm312-99547.pdf
It takes anywhere from 48 hours and 8 weeks to process the process of obtaining a Belgian Visa depending on nationality and residency status as well as applying via mail and in person.
- Students who are from the European Union Member State or from a nation in the European Economic Area (EEA) do not require the student visa to pursue their studies in Belgium.
- In order to apply to obtain a student visa in Belgium you must first to be accepted into an accredited institution of higher learning, and then pay for the registration fee.
- In the event that you’re an international student you’ll have to call your closest Belgian consulate or embassy located in the country you are studying.
- The embassy will assist you decide if you require an student visa and will assist you with the application process for visas.
- The complete information on Belgian visa applications is available on the official website that is maintained by the Foreigners Department of the Federal Public Service (FPS) for Home Affairs, available to be read online in French, Dutch and English.
- If you are an international student, you’ll need be able to obtain a national lengthy-stay visa (D visa) that allows you to stay more than 90 consecutive days Belgium.
- The Belgian consulate or embassy reviews visa applications on an individual basis. It is the sole option of granting or denying your visa. It is possible to appeal against the decision should you want.
The Information You Need
- Birth date/place
- Marital status
- Nationality ID No
- Date of issueor expiry of travel document
- Authorization to issue travel document
- Address of the applicant
- The main purpose of the trip
- Number of entries needed
- Duration of duration of
The Document is required Apply for a Student Visa
Students from abroad who want to attend a university in Belgium will be required to apply for the student visa, based on your location and the duration of your program.
Information that can be useful
- The Visa is D study Visa The study Visa D visa that has the same effect as the residence card, with regards to the freedom of movement within SCHENGEN territory. SCHENGEN territory.
- In this way, you are able for travel within an additional SCHENGEN States for a duration not exceeding 3 month within a 6-month time frame, beginning from the date when you first entered your return to SCHENGEN territory, provided that you satisfy the entry requirements and have not been reported to the SCHENGEN State in the territory that you are visiting.
- If you do not satisfy the entry requirements You may still be allowed to travel to the SCHENGEN State that granted D visa. D visa.
Link to Belgian Embassies and consulates http://diplomatie.belgium.be/en/services/embassies_and_consulates/belgian_embassies_and_consulates_abroad/