Apply for a Tourist Visa In Malawi By Yourself
- The applicant needs to download or pick up applications from closest Malawian Embassy. Contact information
- The application form is available to downloaded from the URL: Application form
- The applicant then has have to make payment of the Visa fees to apply for the Visa as specified on this page’s “Fees” section of this page.
- The applicant is required to gather all the documents listed on the “Required Documents” section of this page.
- Then, make an appointment with the Embassy.
- The applicant must present documents along with the Visa fee receipt at the day of appointment.
- If they are satisfied, the officials of the consulate or embassy will issue the Malawian Tourist Visa.
- It could take anywhere from 3-7 working days to complete it. Tourist Visa.
Required Documents For Apply for a Tourist Visa
- Copies of filled-in Visa applications.
- Two Visa Application Forms
- Two recent passport-sized photos.
- Fees can be paid with money order, bank-certified checks or cash (the Embassy will never accept checks from personal accounts as a method to pay).
- Tickets for the return journey.
- A valid passport (at at least six months prior to expiry date and with enough pages that are not used).
- A copy of a letter from the organization of the applicant or an invitation.
- Copy of the sponsor’s residence position within Malawi (i.e. Permit or Malawi Passport if Malawian).
- Send a prepaid envelope with a return address to the person who applied.
- Copy of a confirmed round ticket.
- Documents that show that the applicant has enough funds to afford accommodation in Malawi.
- Certificate of insurance issued by the insurance provider of your choice.
- A letter of invitation from someone who is leaving Malawi or an invitation letter.
- Certificate of vaccination against yellow fever.
Office Locations and Contacts
Department of Immigration Republic of MalawiBlantyre – Immigration HQ
PO Box No. 331
Telephone No: 01823777
Contact Information: Link
- Foreigners who travel to Malawi for tourism reasons.
- Foreigners visiting relatives or family members in Malawi.
- Foreign professors, scientists or researchers attend technological, cultural or scientific seminars, conferences or conferences in Malawi.
- ValidityAmount Three months of single entry starting from the day of issue US $100.00.
- Six months multiple entries beginning from when the issue date is reached is US $220.00.
- A year of multiple entry starting from to the day of the issue is US $300.00.
- An Malawian Tourist Visa for a single-entry is valid for three months.
- The multiple-entry Visa can be used for no more than 12 consecutive months.
Documents to Utilize
Application Form: Link
It takes anywhere from 3 to seven working days in order to complete the Malawian Tourist Visa.
- According to Malawi regulations on immigration, foreigners from a variety of countries need the approval of a visa before they can enter into Malawi.
- The Malawian Visa must be obtained from a country other than the one of origin through the Malawian consulate.
- An on-arrival visa to Malawi is issued at a point of entry.
- Permits to enter remain the sole right of official in charge of immigration Malawi.
- The applicants can apply directly at an Malawi overseas mission or through the sponsorship of a sponsor in Malawi.
- The application and all the required documents must be delivered DUPLICATE in the consular department of the embassy.
- Most of the time, the processing of applications is usually in five working days. However, for citizens who are from India, Nigeria, Bangladesh, China, Burundi, Rwanda and Pakistan Applications can take up to four weeks.
- Time for drop-off: 9:30 a.m. until 12:30 p.m. between Mondays and Thursdays.
- Marital status.
- The country of application.
- address in the nation where you reside.
- Date and place of birth.
- Passport Number.
- The date of the issue.
- Location of issue.
- The date of expiration.
- Date of entry into the country in which you intend to apply.
- Final destination.
- The address at which the applicant is submitting.
- The proposed duration of the duration of the proposed.
The document is needed
The Malawi visa is an endorsement or stamp issued by the official officials from Malawi on a passport which permits a foreigner to travel to Malawi.
Information that can be useful
- The following citizens do not require a visa for stays up to 90 days
- Holders of British passports, Antigua & Barbuda, Australia, Bahamas, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belgium, Belize, Botswana, Brunei Darussalam, Canada, Cyprus, Denmark, Dominica, Fiji, Finland, France, Gambia, Germany, Ghana, Grenada, Guyana, Iceland, Ireland Rep, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Luxembourg, Madagascar, Malaysia, Maldives, Malta, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Papua New Guinea, Portugal, Samoa, San Marino, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, St. Kitts & Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent & Grenadines, Swaziland, Sweden, Tanzania, Tonga, Trinidad & Tobago, Tuvalu, Uganda, United States, Vanuatu, Zambia & Zimbabwe.
- You can pay using a credit card such as VISA or Mastercard.
- If the application is rejected the payment won’t be refunded.