Apply for a Transit Visa In Malawi By Yourself
- To apply for a transit visa, the applicant must visit the closest Malawian Embassy. Contact link
- The applicant may get the application form to apply for a Transit Visa from the nearest Malawian Embassy or download it by clicking this link: MALAWIAN VISA Application Form Link
- When they receive the application form, the applicant must pay the Visa fee for the applicant as stated within the “Fees” section of this page.
- The applicant is then required to fill in all the necessary information in the application form.
- Then, the applicant must attach all required documents listed under the “Required Documents” section below.
- The applicant must make an appointment with the Embassy.
- On the day for the interview, the candidate is required to present documents as well as the Visa payment receipt.
- Once this is completed, the representative at the Malawian Embassy checks all documents submitted by the applicant, when they are satisfied, then the officer issues transit visas within 3-7 working days.
Required Documents For Apply for a Transit Visa
- A completed visa application form.
- A copy of a certified round ticket.
- Two recent passport-sized photos of the applicant.
- Documents that show that the applicant has enough funds to pay for accommodation in Malawi.
- A valid passport should be valid for a minimum of 6 months , starting on the date that you entered Malawi.
- Certificate of insurance issued by an insurance firm of any kind.
- Certificate of vaccination against yellow fever
- Visa to the next destination.
Office Locations and Contacts
Department of Immigration Republic of MalawiBlantyre – Immigration Headquarters
PO Box No. 331
The phone number is 01823777.
- Foreigners traveling through Malawi.
- A person applying for a visa must be true traveler.
- The applicant must satisfy the health requirements for minimum standards.
- The cost of a Malawian transit Visa ranges from 50 to 70 US dollars.
- The Malawian travel Visa has validity for no longer than seven days.
Documents to Utilize
Malawian Visa Application Form Link
- It can take between 15 and 20 working days to take care of the Malawian Transit Visa.
- According to Malawi regulations on immigration, foreigners from many countries require an entry visa into Malawi.
- The Malawian Visa must be obtained from a country other than the one of origin through the Malawian consulate.
- An on-arrival visa to Malawi is issued at a point of entry.
The Information You Need
- Marital status.
- The country of application.
- address in the nation where you reside.
- Date and place of birth.
- Passport Number.
- The date of the issue.
- The location of the issue.
- Expiry date.
- Date of entry into the country where you are applying.
- Final destination.
- Address from which the applicant is submitting.
- The proposed duration of the time of the planned.
The document is needed
- The Malawi visa is an endorsement or stamp that is that is affixed by Malawi officials Malawi on a passport which permits a foreigner to travel to Malawi.
- Visas can be obtained at the consulates or Embassy of Malawi or through the Immigration Department of Malawi.
- The Malawian Transit Visa is granted to those who are transferring from the port of Malawi to another destination.
Information that could be helpful
- The following nationals do not need a visa for stays that last up to 90-days holders who have British passports Antigua & Barbuda, Australia, Bahamas, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belgium, Belize, Botswana, Brunei Darussalam, Canada, Cyprus, Denmark, Dominica, Fiji, Finland, France, Gambia, Germany, Ghana, Grenada, Guyana, Iceland, Ireland Rep, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Luxembourg, Madagascar, Malaysia, Maldives, Malta, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Papua New Guinea, Portugal, Samoa, San Marino, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, St. Kitts & Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent & Grenadines, Swaziland, Sweden, Tanzania, Tonga, Trinidad & Tobago, Tuvalu, Uganda, United States, Vanuatu, Zambia & Zimbabwe.
- You can pay using a credit card such as VISA or Mastercard.
- If the application is denied the payment won’t be refunded.