Apply For Adopt a Child in Nigeria by yourself
- If you want to adopt a child who is in person the applicant must submit an application to the Family High Court of Nigeria.
- Click on the link below to get the contact information and address of the Federal Ministry of Justice. Federal Ministry of Justice contact information
- Contact the Ministry for more information about the Family High Court. You can visit the court with a request in writing, requesting approval for adoption.
- Be sure to have all the required documents under the “Required Documents” section on the page.
- Attach the documents along with the application in writing and send it to the appropriate authority in the courts.
- Following submission after submission, the court will make arrangements an investigation that will be conducted by Child Development officers or other appropriate officers within the Child Welfare Department.
- The police officers will determine for the applicant to determine if he/she is qualified for adoption of a baby, and capable of protecting the child and raise it appropriately.
- In the meantime, the court will then review the submitted application and documents. A report on the assessment will be delivered an assessment report to the court.
- Based on the assessment, verifications and other factors that play an integral part of the child’s well-being The court will determine whether or not.
- Any decision made will be communicated to the applicant by way of a an email or mobile phone.
Required Documents For Adopt a Child
- Written application
- Copy of the applicant’s ID
- Documentation of the applicant’s citizenship
- Documentation of marriage (married couples)
- A Birth Certificate or Sworn declaration of age for the applicant(s)
- Certificate of Medical Fitness for Applicant Certificate
- Written consent from the parent of the child
- Written consent from the child (if required)
- Assessment report
- Any supporting document (as required)
Office Locations and Contacts
headquarters,Federal Minister of Justice
Plot 71B, Shehu Shagari Way,
Phone: +234 8050888806
Homepage link for website home page link
Google map directions
What are all the Eligibility
- Anyone living from Nigeria who would like to take a child as their choice, can apply.
The applicant must be mentally, medically and physically fit to guard and nurture children.
- Names of the applicant/prospective parents
- Age of the applicant/prospective parents
- Name of the child’s name
- Child’s age
- Identification document numbers
- Address details
- Medical information
- Contact information and an email address
Need to have the Document
Anyone or a couple living in Nigeria who wants to take a baby and rear the child by themselves requires an ordeal by the Family High Court.