Apply for Authentication and Legalisation of Documents through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Foreign Trade In Jamaica By Online
Application In Person
- To have your document/s authenticated and legally certified through MFAFT Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Foreign Trade (MFAFT), you need to visit MFAFT’s Consular Affairs Department office under MFAFT Check out the MFAFT contact information by clicking the link below: – MFAFT contact.
- Create the document or documents you wish to have authenticated and legalized.
- Stop by the MFAFT office, pay the necessary fees at the cashier. You will then receive the receipt of payment.
- Then , visit then the Consular Affairs Department office and bring in your documents for legalization and authentication.
- The official in the Consular Affairs Department office will check the documents to ensure they’re in order in accordance with the MFAFT.
- After the document/s have been verified Once the document/s are verified, after verification, the Consular Affairs Department official will authenticate the document by affixing the seal or stamp of the ministry of authenticity.
The Application Process for Residents from Abroad
- If you reside in another country, you must visit the Jamaica Consulate or Embassy near your home. Check out the Jamaica consulates and embassies contact information by clicking this link: – consulates contact
- Contact the embassy for confirmation the need to schedule an appointment to have an officialization ceremony for your document or not.
- Make sure you have the necessary documents to legalize and then visit the Embassy.
- Pay the legalization fees in the currency that is that is accepted at the Embassy. You will then receive the receipt for payment.
- Submit your document/s to the official who is responsible for legalization at the front desk.
- The official will review the document/s in order to determine whether they are correct.
- When a document is examined, after which the official will legalize the documents by applying to them the MFAFT seal, or the stamp that indicates legalization.
Required Documents For Apply for Authentication and Legalisation of Documents through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Foreign Trade
- Document/s that are to be authentica ted, or legally certified.
- Documents for identification (ID and Passport).
Office Locations and Contacts
MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFAIRS and FOREIGN TRADE
Address: 21 DOMINICA Drive, KINGSTON 5
Opening Hours: Mon – Thurs 8:30am – 5:00pm & Fri 8:30am – 4:00pm
– Contact details
– Embassies contact info
- Anyone who wants their document/s to be legalized or authenticated at The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Foreign Trade.
- 500.00 Jamaican Dollars.
- 20.00 United States Dollars.
- 15.00 Euro.
- 15.00 Pounds Sterling.
Fees are based on the document.
- The legalization or authentication of the document is valid throughout the life of the document or documents.
- The legalization or authentication process is done within one working day.
- The MFAFT cannot legally authenticate documents made in Jamaica.
- Jamaican consular officials abroad are able to legallyize documents that originate from overseas designed to be used. In Jamaica when the documents have been certified by a competent authority in the respective countries.
- For swearing statements or declarations that require sworn statements or declarations, the person who makes the declaration or statement has to sign in front of an official such as a Justice of the Peace (JP) or an Notary Public (NP) who is a resident in Jamaica.
- Every document that is authenticated must have the original signature, stamp or seal of an Jamaican recognized institution or association.
- Contact detail.
- Signature as well as Stamp.
Need to have the Document
- Documents are legalized or authenticated to verify the legitimacy of the document or documents.