How To Apply for Business Visa (M Visa) / Commercial Trade Visa In China
How do I apply?
You may send your request to the consular offices of Chinese consulates or embassies yourself, or have anyone to do it for you (such as your family members, friends relatives,) or ask an agency to submit the application for you. A power of attorney isn’t necessary.
Documents that are required Business Visa (M Visa) / Commercial Trade Visa
- Application Form with recently-shot color photo that has been glued or stapled onto.
- A valid passport as well as the copy of the information page.
- One of the following documents:
- Invitation letter from the Chinese trade or business partner.
- A letter of Invitation or a confirmation letters of invitation issued by properly approved Chinese institutes or units.
- Invitation letter to Trade Fair.
- The Business License is a certificate of Approval for the business’s establishment, which indicates the applicant as the owner or investor of the company.
- To apply for multiple entry M, a copy of each previous Chinese visas (on one A-4-sized piece of paper) should be submitted.
Documents regarding commercial activities issued by a partner in China or a an invitation to trade fairs from a relevant company or an individual. The invitation letter should include:
- Information about the person applying (full name and date of birth, gender and more.)
- Information about the visit planned (purpose of the visit the purpose of the visit, dates for arrival and departure, place(s) to be visited, relationship between the person applying and the inviting entity , or the individual, financial source for expenses)
- Information about the entity or the individual (name phone number, contact number address, postal address, official stamp, seal of the representative of law of the person who is inviting)
Office Locations and Contacts
Ministry of Public SecurityAddress No. 14 East Chang An Avenue,
Beijing Zip: 100741
Contacts to Municipal Public Security Bureaus of China
What Are All The Eligibility
for Trade or Business (M visa)
M is a brand new category of business visas that will be available from the 1st September 2013. It is available to foreigners to conduct trade or commercial business.
The cost varies based on the country of your residence and the amount of entries. In general, the cost is higher when the number of entries is greater.
Documents to Utilize
It usually takes 4 working days to complete the application. However the express service and the rush service are available in case you need to obtain your visa sooner.
- The original passport must have a validity of 6 months for one entry or double entry, 12-months for double entries or multiple entry of six months as well as 18 months of validity for 1 year multiple entry. You must have at minimum two visa blank pages and there is no physical damage.
- If you’re not applying for a visa in the country where you are a citizen You must present an original photocopy and original copy of the valid or visa of residence, stay or student status from the country in which you are currently in.
- If you’re seeking the Chinese visa the first time you must present your previous Chinese passport as well as an image of its data page (applicable to applicants that were Chinese citizens and who have gained the status of a foreign citizen).
- If you’ve previously obtained Chinese visas previously and wish to apply for the Chinese visa using a renewed foreign passport that doesn’t include an Chinese visa, you must submit a photocopy of the prior passport’s information page, and the photo page, if it’s not distinct, along with the original Chinese visa application page. If the name you have on your current passport is different from the one on the prior passport then you will need to submit an official certificate of change in name (applicable to applicants that were Chinese citizens but have acquired an international citizenship).
The Information You Need
- Personal Information
- Information on Travel
- Other Information
- Declaration& Signature
- If the application form was completed by a different person on behalf of the applicant you must fill in the details of the person who completed the form.
A of Invitation from China must include the following: of Invitation from China should include the following information:
- Name of the applicant, gender, nationality and birth date, as well as the passport number of the person applying for
- Employer’s full name and the job title of the applicant
- The purpose of the visiting (what is the nature of business)
- What province or city does the applicant is planning to visit?
- Dates of entry and exit China
- The validity of the visa is sought (single or double entries, 3 months or 6 month, etc.)
- Information on the relation between Chinese as well as US companies
- Who will be able to provide financial assistance for the duration of their stay in China throughout the the stay
- Full name of the business located in China that invited the applicants
- Full name and name, job title, postal address and phone numbers of the person for the company (in China)
- Signature of the person inviting (in China) and company stamp
The Document is required Business Visa (M Visa) / Commercial Trade Visa
- Visas are an official valid document issued by authorized agencies for the state, according to law of this country for citizens of other countries who want to travel, enter or leave across the country.
- In accordance with Chinese rules and laws, Chinese consular officials may determine the type of visa, the number of visits, valid time and the duration of stay and can also reject an application for visa, or even revoke the visa that was issued.
- M visas: Designed for individuals who are planning to travel to China for trade or commercial actions.
Information that can be useful
Chinas Visa Authorities are:
- Chinese diplomatic missions, consular offices and the offices of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region office of the commissioner of Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the Macao Special Administrative Region, and other resident organisations abroad approved through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs are charged with handling visa applications for foreign citizens for entry into or transit through China’s mainland China as well as mainland China and Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of China.
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the local foreign affairs office authorized to be authorized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs are accountable for the issuance, modification the validity of diplomatic or service visas as well as to issue residence permits for holders of diplomatic and service visas.
- The Ministry of Public Security and the local public security agencies appointed through the Ministry of Public Security are accountable for the inspection of the entry and exit of foreigners, the issuance of visas at ports of entry, extensions and changes of normal visas, as well as the issuance of residence permits for holders of regular visas who are located in China.
- The Immigration Department of the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region is in charge of issues pertaining to foreigners’ entering and leaving Hong Kong. Hong Kong Special Administrative Region. Its Website address: http://www.immd.gov.hk
- Macao Public Security Police Force Immigration Service. If a visa exemption is not granted in accordance with bilateral agreements, foreigners could seek a visa for entry into Macao on arrival in the Port of Entry. Website address of the Macao public security police force: http://www.fsm.gov.mo/psp/cht/main.html
Other uses for the document/certificate
Valid passports and visas is necessary for business travel to China.
- Each section of the application form has to be completed accurately, in a clear and complete manner. False information, missing items , or handwriting that is not legible could result in delays in the process of processing the application, or even to the denial or denial of visa.
- Visa officials will evaluate visa applications based on merits.