How To Apply for Chinese Citizenship In China
- Complete all sections on the form which apply to you.
- Items that aren’t applicable must be marked out and crossed out.
- Also, you must make sure you sign and date the declaration on your form.
- The application will be rejected when the declaration portion is not filled in.
- If you’re unable to sign the form, please place your thumbprint with your left hand onto the application form.
- If you’re under 18 at the time of your application, a parent or guardian of the applicant must confirm the application.
An acknowledgement will be sent to you in order to acknowledge the receipt of your application that was made in person or sent via post if you made your application through the post.
Documents that are required Chinese Citizenship
- Formulary for application
- Valid passport
- The non-criminal records in foreign countries are verified by consulates and embassies in foreign countries of China.
- The health certificate issued by Health quarantine department, which is appointed through Chinese government or a foreign medical organisation of the hygiene is authenticated by consulates and embassies located in foreign countries of China.
- Four recent front photos with the hats off of 2″.
- Other documents required by this measure
Office Locations and Contacts
- Shanghai entry-exit Inspection as well as Quarantine BureauAddress No.1208, Minsheng Road, Pudong New Area, Shanghai
Post Code 200135
Anti-corruption hotline: 68547485
- Department of Exit and Entry Administration of Beijing Public Security Bureau
Address: No.2 Andingmen Dongjie, Dongcheng District, Beijing
Hours of operation: Monday through Saturday 8:30a.m. – 4:30p.m.
- Department of Exit and Entry Administration of Shanghai Public Security Bureau
Address: No.1500 Minshenglu Pudong New District, Shanghai
Hours of operation: Monday through Saturday 9:00a.m.-5:00p.m.
- Section of Exit and Entry Administration of Chongqing Public Security Bureau
Address: No.555 Huangnibang, Yubei District, Chongqing
The office hours are Monday through Saturday
- Department of Exit and Entry Administration of Guangzhou Public Security Bureau
Address Contact Information: #F6 No.155 Jiefang South Road, Guangzhou
The office hours are Monday through Friday
- Department of Entry a Entry Administration of Shenyang Public Security Bureau
Address: No.47 Beilingdajie, Huanggu District, Shenyang
The office hours are Monday through Saturday
What Are All The Eligibility
- Stateless and foreign nationals who are willing to be bound by the Chinese Constitution and laws and meet the following conditions can be granted naturalization following the approval of their applications:
- They are family members of Chinese Nationals;
- They have established themselves in China or
- They have legitimate reasons for them.
Foreigners who are 5 years old or less than 18 , and 10 years to those over 18.
Documents to Utilize
- Local applications
Formula ID874: Request to Naturalise as Chinese national Chinese national (For those aged 18 and over)
Formula ID875: Request to Naturalise as Chinese national Chinese national (For people who are younger than 18 years old)
- Applications from overseas
Formula ID922: Request to naturalisation as Chinese national. Chinese citizen for out of the country (For those aged 18 and over)
Formula ID923: Request to naturalisation as an Chinese citizen for out of the country (For those who are under the age of 18 years old)
Form ID929 Formula for Fee Payment to be used for Chinese Nationality Overseas Applications
Formula ID922A: Reference to Overseas applicants Naturalisation as an Chinese national
Form ID874A: Manual for those wishing to apply for naturalisation as Chinese nationals Chinese national
Form ID927 Form for Processing Chinese Nationality Overseas Applications
In China the local Public Security Bureaus can be able to accept citizenship applications. If applicants are from outside Citizenship applications are processed through Chinese consular offices and embassies. Once they have been filed after which they are reviewed by the Ministry of Public Security will look over and decide whether or not to approve applications. If they are approved, the Ministry issues the certification of citizen.
The Information You Need
- If you have a family member who is a Chinese citizen with the right to reside in Hong Kong
- If you are able to have the right to live in Hong Kong
- If you have a home in Hong Kong
- If the main relatives of the family (spouse and children under the age of) reside located in Hong Kong
- If you earn a decent income that can support you and your family
- If you’ve paid taxes in line with the law
- If you’re well-mannered and have a sound mind
- Do you have enough knowledge about the Chinese language
- If you plan to remain within Hong Kong in case your naturalisation application is accepted
- If there are any other valid grounds to support your application
Need to have the Document
The Chinese Nationality Law (CNL) of the People’s Republic of China has allowed for the attainment of Chinese citizenship through naturalisation.
Information that can be useful
Naturalisation applicants who are successful have all the rights enjoyed by those who gained Chinese nationality when they were born.
Foreigners are obliged by section 8 of Nationality Law of the PRC to abjure their native citizenship upon acquiring Chinese citizenship.