How To Apply for Driver License In Austria
- Complete an application form for the school of driving. They will add the information for the applicant to the register and create a copy transcript for the student to confirm and then sign it.
- To begin an application, applicants must take driver’s education and meet the medical requirements, and attend first aid courses. Be aware that the medical report must be completed prior to taking the test for driving practice.
- If you pass the driving test, you will receive an interim license and a cost statement that includes a payment invoice for the legal fees and in certain instances: a booklet on the registered codes.
- The provisional license needs to be signed on receipt of the Fahrprferin or from the examiner, and also by the candidate or candidates from.
- Only after the details included on the expense sheet fee are paid, will the driving license authority start the process of producing the driving license through the Austrian State Printing.
Documents Required Driver License
- Applications are sent at the school of driving
- official photo identification
- If necessary, an official document proving an alteration in name
- when appropriate, evidence of the level
- Confirmation of email (report form)
- Training for life-saving (except the classes D or DE) or completion of a first-aid course (for the categories D and DE mandatory)
- Medical opinion
- Passport photo (35 45 x 35 mm) not more than 6 months
Office Locations and Contacts
Julius Raab-Strae 1, 7000 Eisenstadt
Phone: +43 57 600 4180 Fax: +43 57 600 4177 E-mail: bh.eisenstadt @ bgld.gv.at
Main 1 7540 Gssing
Phone: +43 57 600 4691 Fax: +43 57 600 4670 E-mail: bh.guessing @ bgld.gv.at
- For more licensing authorities in Burgenland: http://www.fs-info.at/wo-geht-das-web/Burgenland
Milesistrae 10, 9560 Feldkirchen
Phone: +43 50536 67214 Fax: +43 50536 67200 E-mail: bhfe.verkehr @ ktn.gv.at
Main road 44 9620 Hermagor
Phone: +43 50 536 6340 0 Fax: +43 50 536 6339 1 E-mail: post.bhhe @ ktn.gv.at
- For more licensing authorities in Carinthia: http://www.fs-info.at/wo-geht-das-web/K%C3%A4rnten
Preinsbacherstrae 11, 3300 Amstetten
Phone: +43 7472 9025 21130 Fax: +43 7472 9025 21131 E-mail: buergerbuero.bham @ noel.gv.at
- For more licensing authorities in Lower Austria: http://www.fs-info.at/wo-geht-das-web/Nieder%C3%B6sterreich/BH%20Amstetten
LPD Upper Austria
Nietzsche Strae 33, 4021 Linz
Phone: +43 59 133 40 0 Fax: +43 59 133 40 6229 E-mail: email@example.com
- For more licensing authorities in Upper Austria: http://www.fs-info.at/wo-geht-das-web/Ober%C3%B6sterreich/LPD%20Ober%C3%B6sterreich
Alpen Strasse 90, 5020 Salzburg
Phone: +43 59 133 50 0 Fax: +43 59 133 50 6219 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For more licensing authorities in Salzburg: http://www.fs-info.at/wo-geht-das-web/Salzburg/LPD%20Salzburg
Park Ring 4 8010 Graz
Phone: +43 59 133 60 0 Fax: +43 59 133 60 6219 E-mail: email@example.com
- For more licensing authorities in Steiermark: http://www.fs-info.at/wo-geht-das-web/Steiermark/LPD%20Steiermark
Kaiserjgerstrae 8 6020 Innsbruck
Phone: +43 59 133 70 0 Fax: +43 59 133 70 6219 E-mail: lpd-t-Verkehrsamt@polizei.gv.at
- For more licensing authorities in Tyrol: http://www.fs-info.at/wo-geht-das-web/Tirol/LPD%20Tirol
Castle Gayenhofplatz 2, 6700 Bludenz
Phone: +43 5552 6136 0 Fax: +43 5552 6136 51095 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For more licensing authorities in Vorarlberg: http://www.fs-info.at/wo-geht-das-web/Vorarlberg
LPD Vienna Office
Holaubek-Josef-Platz 1, 1090 Vienna, Austria
Time of opening:
Mon 8 am – 12:30 pm
Tuesdays: 8 am to 12:30 pm
Wed: 8:30 to 12:30
Sat: 8:00-12:30 and 13:30 to 17:00.
Fri: 8:00 – 12:00
Phone: +43 1 31345 0
Fax: +43 1 31345 87029
What Are All The Eligibility
A driver’s license is given to anyone who:
- Have reached the minimum age to be eligible for the class
- is safe to be able to
- is able to drive in a motor vehicle, and completed a medical exam
- technologically capable of operating in a motor vehicle
- Have provided evidence that proves that they have been trained in life-saving techniques in the event of the event of a traffic crash or, for the driving licence for Class D drivers, in the field of first aid.
- Passed the theory and practical driving tests
A driver’s license for categories C1, C1 D1 and/or D is only granted when the applicant has a valid licence for Category B. A driving license that covers category BE, C1E CE D1E, or DE is only granted if the driver’s licence of applicants are already in possession of the categories C1, B, C, D1 and C1, D1, and D is.
- The new application: 60.50
- Extended classes of the C/C1/D: 11.00
- Express Delivery Presently 16.00
It is important to note that the costs are able to be paid anytime during office hours, in direct cash to the Authority. If you are using the variation on the credit card payment slip, the, the to the payment slip must be used or at a minimum be provided with the application number (otherwise it may cause issues of money to the authorities).
The temporary license is valid only for:
- Up to four weeks from the day the notice was sent (deadline cannot be extended)
- With an official photo ID issued by the government
- Within Austria
Driving licenses issued on the 19th of January 2013, 2013 are valid for 15 years.
Note: The provisional license will cease to be valid when the driving permit is issued.
Documents to Utilize
download The Application Form
Examples of Documents
Follow link to view an image of a Credit Card Driving License: http://www.fs-info.at/content/kartenelemente-vorderseite
The processing of the license will take not more than five to 10 days following the production order. The driving license issued by credit card will be sent to the person who applied for the license or the address that the applicant has specified. It is also possible to avail an express delivery (costs 16 euros) which means that the license will be handed within 2 days.
Driver licenses that cannot be delivered are sent to the driving licence authority.
Applications for the issuance of a driving license have to be made at the time of registration to the school. It will be reviewed by the licensing authorities under which the driving school is.
Authorities for Licensing:
- National Police Directorate, cities that are affiliated with State Police:
- District Commissions within communities:
- In the cities that are statutory Krems and Waidhofen in the cities of Krems and Waidhofen Ybbs the magistrate
- For the legal Rust for the statutory Rust: the National Police Directorate Burgenland
The Document is required Driver License
A driver’s license is a legally valid license issued by the State. It certifies a person’s capability to drive a motorized vehicle that includes a motorbike car, truck or a bus on public roads.
Information that can be useful
It also includes: expense sheet contains:
- All expenses were incurred (except the public health and medical expenses) that are:
- Fee for license
- Inspection fees
- Cost of express manufacturing of the license
- A form for payment (with an application number)
If just one of the classes used for tests individually have been successfully completed the driver’s license/license is able to decide whether a credit card driving permit is required or not:
- The license should be issued to anyone taking classes that have been passed:
- The total amount (including inspection fees for failing classes) is due
- The applicant who has failed to complete the classes will be considered withdrawn.
- In order to complete the other classes, an extension to the driving license is required to be requested at the driving school.
- Driving licenses for credit cards are to be issued once you have passed all the other classes
- There isn’t a cost sheet given out.
- The fees will be delayed for the moment (up up to 18 month)
- After passing the driving test on the road for the other classes the driver’s license card check will be made following the payment of fees.
- Austrian Driving License
- Austrian Government Portal
- Driver’s License Act (FSG)
- Driving License Law: Implementing Regulation (FSG Driver’s License Law Implementing Regulation (FSG)