Apply for Driver License In Belize By Online
The Belize City driver’s license acts as an identification card. It allows a driver ability to travel throughout Belize by motor vehicle. The person who has this ID is required to carry it while driving and when applying for renewal.
Apply in the person
- Go to the traffic department in your residence to fill out an application
- The application must be completed on the application form
- Send the form along with your expired or previous driver’s license
- The officer in charge will review the information and prepare an invoice.
- Make the payment in cash at the counter.
- Your application will be considered
- Go to the Traffic office to pick up your renewed driver’s license
Other councils also offer express renewal services. Check with your council if you are eligible to apply for the express service.
Required Document are Apply for Driver License
- Complete application available from
- Driver’s license that was expired or not valid for a while
Office Locations and Contacts
Belize City Council
City Hall, 109 North Front Street, Belize City, Belize
Site: Belize City Council
Tel: +(501)-822-2219 / 822-2038
Make a call to for the Department of Transport
All holders of a driver’s license with a Belize driver’s licenses are able to renew their license
- $60.00 BZ
- Maximum Period of 3 Years
Documents to Utilize
Examples of Documents
- For 1 day
- Within a day
- It is essential to renew your driver’s license at least 30 days before the expiration date to avoid fines for late renewal and driving while driving with an expired license.
The Information You Need
- Photograph of the Owner
- Name of the owner
- Signature of the owner
- Address of the Owner
- Date of issue of license
- The date on which the license expires
- The type of vehicle that the driver is able to operate using the license of the Driver.
- Signed by Traffic Manager
The Document is required