Apply for Education and Entrepreneurship Grants Programme in jamaica
Application In Person
- For to apply for the Education and Entrepreneurship grant through the Ministry of Labour and Social Security (MLSS) to take up higher education or to start small-scale enterprises. It is necessary to make an applications to MLSS office. Check out the MLSS contact details by clicking here: Link
- Download the application form from the MLSS office
- Fill out the application and attach the necessary documents.
- Completely submit the application complete application to the MLSS office for processing in accordance with the Programme of Advancement Through Health and Education (PATH)
- This application is scrutinized and reviewed by the relevant authority to ensure that it is approved
- If your application is approved for the grant to study, you’ll be required to perform 30 hours of volunteering typically 5 to 7 hours per week . In addition, in the case of the Entrepreneur Grant you will have to attend the intense training offered through JBDC. Jamaica Business Development Corporation (JBDC).
- When all requirements are satisfied If all the conditions are met, after which the MLSS will be able to issue funds for your education or business via a legitimate route i.e. post office, bank, or electronically.
Documents needed for education and Entrepreneurship
- Complete the application form
- The business proposal (available in the MLSS the local office)
- The proof of permission to operate from this site. [letter from the owner or owner of the property or an authority local to the premises (Parish Council), lease or rental agreement, or evidence of ownership , such as a the title or receipt for tax on property[
- Documentation of compliance with pertinent regulations, like Food Handlers Permit, Hawk and Peddlers License and so on.
- Invoice for the goods or services.
- National ID
- Letter of Recommendation
- Photograph of passport size
Office Locations and Contacts
LABOUR DIVISIONAddress: 1F North Street, Kingston, Jamaica, West Indies
Tel: (876) 922-9500-9
Fax: (876) 922-6902/ (876) 922-0996
SOCIAL Security Division
Address: 14 National Heroes Circle, Kingston 4, Jamaica, West Indies
Tel: (876) 922-8000-2
Fax: (876) 924-9639
MLSS contact details:Link
- People aged 16-40 years old can apply.
- The application is completely free.
You must meet the requirements in order for the award to be granted in your name, i.e. taking classes or attending courses. Be aware that some of the institutions that require community service is required include:
- Golden Aged Homes
- Children’s homes
- Mustard Seed Communities
- Infirmaries Etc.
The Information You Need
- Contact details
The document is needed
- This program provides youth between 16 and 40 years old to continue their education and training , or to engage in entrepreneurial endeavors.
- Link to MLSS Link