How To Apply for Emergency Passport In Austria
- You’ll need the emergency travel document in person.
- Complete all required documentation and include all the required details.
- The application fees must be paid.
Documents that are required Emergency Passport
- Identification card that is official or an identity witness or witnesses of identity that have an authentic photo identification in order that the identity of the person can be verified
- Photo of a passport (Portrait 35 45 mm x 45 mm ) no more than six months from the date of a requirements for a photograph of the passport (in color)
- Additional Requirements if never asked for an identity card with a form that is a credit card:
- Proof of citizenship , award notice or confirmation staatsbrgerschaftliche
- Certificate of birth (may require)
- Additional requirements for changing names:
- Name change or marriage certificate announcement
- If you are looking to earn an academic or professional degree such as Engineer / Engineer
- Certificate of Award
If evidence for citizenship, birth certificates or other proof of birth isn’t feasible An emergency passport may only be issued in the event that the Passport issuer can request the required information from the appropriate authority (depending on the hours of operation of other authorities in certain conditions).
- The evidence of an urgent need ( like flight tickets hotel confirmations, flight ticket or theft)
- An identity card that is still valid or an identity of honor card or identity witnesses, or any other evidence of identity
- Passport photo (Portrait 35 45 x 45 mm ) not more than six months following a certain guidelines for the photo of the passport (in color)
Office Locations and Contacts
To locate offices: https://www.help.gv.at/linkaufloesung/applikation-flow?leistung=LA-HP-RL-Meldezettel&flow=LO&quelle=HELP
To locate Statutory Offices: https://www.help.gv.at/Portal.Node/hlpd/public/content/99/Seite.991304.html
A-8700 Leoben, Erzherzog Johann-Strae 2
Tel: +43 (0)3842/4062-450 bis 454
Fax: +43 (0)3842/4062-455
Hours of Operation:
Mo Do: 08.00 Hour-16:00 Time
Fr: 08:00 Uhr – 12:30 Uhr
Municipality of Schwechat
Town Hall Square 9, Ground Floor
Tel 01 70108221 (ext. or Ext
Fax 01 70108394 DW
Austrian Representations Abroad:http://www.bmeia.gv.at/aussenministerium/buergerservice/oesterreichische-vertretungen.html
Passport Center Hauptstrae 1 – 5, Neues Rathaus, 1.
Stock (ber dem Brgerservice Center), 4041 Linz
Tel. : +43 732 7070
Fax. : +43 732 7070 54 2110
E-Mail. : firstname.lastname@example.org
Wiener Strae 154 4020 Linz
Tel. : +43 732 3342 0
E-Mail. : email@example.com
Online Emergency Passport Form: http://portal.linz.gv.at/Serviceguide/viewCallMeBack.html?topic=Notpass
To know more: http://portal.linz.gv.at/Serviceguide/viewChapter.html?chapterid=122887
The headquarters of the Passport Office
1082 Vienna, Lerchenfelderstrae 4, 2 Floor, room 201
Call +43 1 4000 89516 to make a call.
Telephone: +43 1-89517 4000
Phone : +43 1 4000 89523
Out of office hours, call this number:
City Hall Station ( MA- 68) 1, 2 Lichtenfelsgasse
Phone: +43 1 4000-98350
Fax: +43 1 4000-99-98350
The Head of the Department for Upper Municipal Councillor Call: +431 4000 89511.
The Deputy Head of Department Call +431 4000 89513 to make an appointment.
Travel papers other than emergency passports Monday through Wednesday Fridays from 8.00 until 13.00 clock from Monday to Wednesday afternoons, by appointment booking on Thursdays starting at 8:30 to 17.30 clock.
The exhibition of Notpssen disappointments and deprivations with travel documents Monday through Wednesday, Friday from 8.00 till 15.30 clock Thursdays, from 8:00 to 17.30 clock
The office hours Monday to Wednesday, Friday from 7:30 to 15:30 , Thursdays between 7.30 until 17.30 clock The office is closed on holiday days, Good Friday and New Year’s Eve (24.12.) as well as New Year’s Eve (31.12.) Retrieved between 7.30 until 12.00 clock.
What Are All The Eligibility
The reason for the issuance an emergency passport
- There is an urgent and urgent requirement to travel that will require an identity card ( like if you’ve lost your passport in the house).
- The time frame within the time you require the passport isn’t enough to warrant the issuance of a brand new passport.
- It is the only passport you need to enter the Federal Territories ( for example, if the passport you have stolen overseas).
- The decrease in Papillarlinienabdrcke the fingers of one or both hands is temporarily unavailable due to injury.
- Emergency passport: 75.90 EUR
- A passport for minors in emergency:
- From 1 to two years of age: Free
- Younger than 2 years 2 years old or older: 30 EUR
- 12-year-olds and older: 75.90 EUR
- Emergency passport: 75 (outside the office hour ) is to be charged a 50% surcharge)
- A passport emergency for minors less than 12 years old 30, (outside the office hour ) and the surcharge of 50 percent.)
Note Flat Rate
The Passport authority:
- The district administration – Leoben and Schwechat the community
- In cities with statutory status In statutory cities: the City Council – In Vienna the headquarters of the Passport Service Municipal Department.
Outside Office Hours
- The journal’s call service/call duty District administration
- In statutory cities, Service Magistrate:
- In Vienna The Guard City Hall (Municipal Department 68)
- In Linz In Linz: the Fire Department
Note: Please be aware the fact that some states do not are willing to accept the emergency passport or create additional requirements ( such as the United States since 1 July 2009, Turkey). Information about it can be found on the official website that is operated by the Federal Ministry for European and International Affairs.
From July 1, 2009, entry into to the United States with an Austrian emergency passport in the ” Visa Waiver Program “is not possible anymore.
The emergency passport can only be done in the context of a visa for an U.S. diplomatic mission-possible. In this case, there is the arrangement of an interview with the U.S. representative authority, the price currently at 100 euros, and the process time is at most the duration of two days.
Due to the lengthy processing time for the processing time for a U.S. visa the possibility of issuance of a one-day national express passport is worth considering.
More information on The Express Pass for one day Express Pass can be found in the Information Sheet.
The provisions cited apply regardless of whether the destination isn’t USA however an U.S. airport for onward travel (transit) is required.
The Document is required Emergency Passport
Passports are a form of identification given by the authorities. It demonstrates the nationality and identity of the person who holds it, and can be used when traveling across the globe. It has information regarding the holder, including name as well as gender, date of birth and birthplace.
Passport Authorities can issue an emergency passport to an Austrian citizen who is in an urgent requirement to travel abroad, and doesn’t have a travel documents. A temporary passport is a cream-colored white passport without chip and only valid for a specific time. The person who is applying to apply for a passport must be able to prove the reason why they need to travel urgently.
Information that could be helpful
Click here If you’d wish to receive an email regarding renewing your passport or making changes to the information on your passport.
- Passport Act
- Pass Regulation
- Regulations to Implement the Passport Act Regulation
- Austrian Government Portal