Apply for Employer Registration under National Insurance Scheme in Jamaica By Yourself
Application In Person
- To apply for National Insurance Scheme (NIS) as an employer, go to the NIS office within the Ministry of Labour and Social Security (MLSS). You can view the NIS contact details under the “Office Locations & Contacts” section below. You can also view the MLSS contact information by clicking the following link:
- Download your NIS employer registration forms at all NIS office locations or download it via the MLSS website using the following link: Link (Select “Employer Registration” to download the form)
- Complete the registration form in accordance with instructions. Make sure that the person filling out the form must write their full name in the fields that are provided, and also write down their job title in the company.
- Attach all additional documents with the application form.
- Visit your local NIS bureau in your local parish and send the application with all the required information in the direction of an NIS representative at the front desk.
- An NIS official will review your application to ensure it is in line with the standards required, and then enter your information into their system to process your application.
- The application will then go through and your application will then be in the NIS as an employer.
- After completing the registration process you will receive your personal NIS registration number to identify you as an employer
- Note: If you’re unable to complete the application on your own You can request a third party an authorization letter that allows them to perform the application on behalf of you.
Documents required for Employer Registration
- Complete the application form
- Notarized identification document
- Other documents needed by the NIS to register an employer
Office Locations and Contacts
National Insurance Scheme
Address 14. National Heroes Circle Kingston 4 Jamaica
Tel: 876-922-8000 0r 888-991-2089
NIS church offices in parishes: Link
Contact information and offices: Link
What are all the Eligibility
Employers that are registered in Jamaica are qualified to submit an application i.e. companies, firms and businesses
Registration is free
NIS registration is valid for life. NIS certificate is valid for life.
Documents to Utilize
Employer registration form: Link
The application process is completed within a day.
Complete the form with block letters only.
The Information You Need
- Business Name
- Business Address
- Proprietor, Managing Director or
- Address for mail
- Nature of Business
- Record Location
- Collectorate of Payment
- Directorship Number
- Directors’ names
- The number of branches in business Establishment
- Date at which liability began
- Employer count in business Establishment
- Place of the person who fills out the form
- Signature and date
The Document is required
NIS registration is statutory. NIS registration is legally required by Jamaican law
Ministry of Land and Social Security: Link