How to Apply for Export Health Certificate and Export Licence for Fisheries Products in Jamaica

How to Apply for Export Health Certificate and Export Licence for Fisheries Products in Jamaica By Yourself

  1. To apply for an Export Health Certificate and export license for fisheries products you need to visit the Veterinary Service Division (VSD) within the Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries (MOA). Check out the VSD contact information in the “Office Locations and Contacts” section further down.
  2. The first step is to inform VSD VSD of your intentions to export the product in writing via the email: vsdpermits@gmail.comor faxed to (876) 977-0885.
  3. After receiving your intent letter after receipt, the VSD will confirm if the facility is registered. If there isn’t you will be required to be registered for your facility.
  4. The VSD will notify you of the requirements for export for the goods you would like to export to the importing country. The VSD will then ask you to submit your product’s batches to the VSD lab for testing.
  5. Each batch will undergo testing. should they fail, you’ll receive the test results via a letter by the VSD and, if the items meet the requirements the VSD will inform you via the VSD and will be required to complete the process of applying for the health certificate.
  6. Request the application form to apply for an export health certification at the MOA’s office, or download it directly from their website: 

Link (please look up “Application for Export Health Certificate” to find the form) You may also get the application form directly from the following link: Link

  1. Begin by obtaining all required documents and certificates of the product you plan to export, which includes the import permit issued by the country of import.
  2. Complete the application and attach the necessary documents mentioned under the “Required Documents” section to it.
  3. Submit the completed application and the completed application to The Permit Office, Veterinary Services Division (VSD) 193 Old Hope Road, in person, or scan and email to the followingaddress: email: or Fax at (876) 977-0885. Be aware that the information on your TRN is required.
  4. Once you have submitted your application upon receipt of your application, the VSD will review your application along with other documents in order to determine if your application is compliant with the standard
  5. If the application is not valid If the documentation is not valid, the VSD will notify you of how to comply with the requirements and should the application be valid then the VSD will issue you a payment note with the certificate. you’ll be required to pay the cost.
  6. The application fee for the health certificate for export through the VSD cashier with cash, debit or company cheque, credit card or manager’s checks and get the receipt for payment
  7. After payment, an exported health certificates will be issued to you together with the export permit

Documents Required for Export Health Certificate and Export Licence

  • Receipt for payment
  • Identification documents
  • Certificate of registration for a facility
  • Import permit
  • Complete the application form

All the specifications outlined in the VSD

Office Locations and Contacts

Ministry of Agriculture & Fisheries
Address Address: 4 St. Lucia Avenue, Kingston 5, Jamaica
Telephone: (876) 968-7116
Fax: (876) 960-7422
Hope Gardens, Kingston 6, Jamaica
Telephone: (876) 927-1731-50 / (876) 619-1731
Fax: (876) 927-1904
Website: Link

Hours of operation: Mondays to Thursdays, 8:30 a.m. until 4:00 p.m.Fridays8:30 a.m. until 3:00 p.m.

Ministry of Agriculture & Fisheries
Veterinary Services Division
193 Old Hope Road
Kingston 6
Phone: (876) 977-2489/2492; 927-0594
Telephone Number (876) 977-0885
Website: Link

What are all the Eligibility

  • Exporters who are registered and wish to get an export health certificate to products of the fishing industry


  • Export health certificates J$2,000
  • Export health certificates that are duplicated or reprinted commercially or domestically: J$1,000.00

Documents to Utilize

  • Application form: Link

Processing Time

  • Within seven days


  • You must be an licensed exporter registered with JAMPRO to be eligible for an export certificate.

The Information You Need

  • Name of the exporter
  • Importing country
  • Name of the importer
  • Addresses of the importer and exporter
  • What kind of product is to be exported
  • Contact details
  • Description

Documentation is needed

  • The certificate of health for exports proves that the animal or bird is suitable for export and will be required by the import country.

External Links



Leave a Comment