How To Apply for Family Reunion Visa (Q) In China

How To Apply for Family Reunion Visa (Q) In China

  • You must submit your application to the Chinese EmbassyConsulate General or Embassy in accordance with your state of residency. It is possible to make your application in person or employ the services of an agent (Power of Attorney not necessary). Be aware that you could be required to visit the Visa Office in person to be interviewed if required by a consular official.
  • An appointment is not required for the submission or collection of your visa. The walk-in service is offered at all times during the office.
  • Please note that there is no mail-in/online/fax applications will be considered.
  • Your agent or you can take your passport and visa at the time that is printed on the Pick-up slip, unless otherwise advised from the Visa Office. Visas for mail-back are not offered.
  • You will be required to pay the visa fee when your application has been processed and accepted.

Documents that are required Family Reunion Visa (Q)

  • Original passport that is valid for more than 6 months and a duplicate from the page with information.
  • Application Form that includes the most recent passport-sized, color photograph attached by staples or glue.
  • For a family reunion, invite letter from a family member who lives in China that is either or is a Chinese resident or foreign national who has the Chinese Permanent Residence Permit. The invitation letter should include:
    • Information about the person applying (full name and date of birth, gender etc.)
    • Information about the purpose of the visit ( the purpose of the visit ), date of intended arrival, place(s) of intended residence, the length of stay, departure and arrival dates, relationship of the person applying to the entity inviting or person, and sources of funding for the expenditure)
    • Information about the person inviting (name, address, contact number, official stamp and signature of the inviting person and so on.)
  • Documentation of the family’s relationship (original and duplicate) like birth Certificate or marriage Certificate or Marriage Certificate, etc. (this is necessary for Q1 only)
  • Photographic copy of Chinese Identification card for the person inviting or passport from a foreign country and permanent residency permit.

If the purpose of the applicant’s the trip to China is fosterage, adoption or any other motives The following documents must be submitted:

  • Foster Trust Notarization provided by Chinese Consulates General and Embassies in other nations as well as Foster Care Power of Attorney authenticated and notarized by the nation of residency, or in China.
  • Original and photocopy of consignor’s passport(s) along with an original photocopy of the certification (marriage certificate birth certificate, marriage certificate, or certification of the kinship certificate issued by the Public Security Bureau or notarized certificate of the kinship) certified and notarized document that demonstrates the bond between parents or guardians and their children.
  • A letter of consent to foster care from the trustee who lives within China who has signed a consent for foster care along with a photocopy of the identification card for the trustee.
  • Photocopies of certification showing the permanent residence status for the parent(s) at the time it was the time of birth, provided that both parents reside in China. Chinese citizens.

Office Locations and Contacts

The People’s Republic of China, Ministry of Public SecurityAddress No. 14 East Chang An Avenue,
Beijing Zip: 100741
Contact numbers for Municipal Public Security Bureaus of China

Chinese Missions Overseas

What Are All The Eligibility

  • Q1 is given to relatives of Chinese citizens who wish to apply to enter and live in China to facilitate family reunionand also to applicants for reunions of family members of foreigners who have Permanent Residence in China as well as for those who are applying to be admitted and live in China to the purpose of foster care, adoption or other reasons.
  • Q2 can be issued to the relatives of Chinese or foreigners having permanent residency within China for a brief period of time (less than six months).


The fee is exactly the same as that for any other type that are Chinese visa. In general, the fees differ according to nationalities, as well as the number of entries.

Payment Methods

  • The visa fee at the time of obtaining your visa. (Some HKSAR or Macao SAR visa applicants have to pay a fee for communication prior to the submission.)
  • Acceptable payment options include accepted are payment by credit cards (Visa as well as Mastercard only) or money order cashier’s check , or company check.
  • Make your money order or check made payable to “Chinese Embassy” (for applications made for the Embassy) or “Chinese Consulate XXX”(for applications made at the Consulate General XXX city)
  • Make sure that you have the correct and exact amount on your check or money order. A check with an error will not be accepted.
  • Personal checks, cash or online payments are NOT accepted. A credit card other that one such as Visa or Mastercard is accepted.


  • Q1 is usually issued with a single entry for 30 days. Q1 holders are required to apply for a Temporary Residence Permit in 30 days following the entry. The residence permit may be issued for a minimum period of 90 days or up to 5 years. The holders are able to leave and enter freely throughout the duration of the residence permit.
  • Q2 is a flexible visa that can be used between 30 and 180 days. It allows single, double or multiple entries. holders are able to stay in China during the time that is specified on the visa.

Documents to Utilize

Chinese Visa Application Form

How To Apply for Family Reunion Visa (Q) In China
How To Apply for Family Reunion Visa (Q) In China




Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here