How to Apply for Federal WorkStudy In United States

Apply for Federal WorkStudy In United States By Online

Application in the scheme: If you would prefer to secure an Federal Work-Study job while youre studying at a college or a career school, be sure to apply for aid before the deadline. Schools that are part of the Federal Work-Study Program award funds on an initial come, first serve basis. Ask your school for information to learn more regarding the grant program.

The program’s earnings When you’re accepted into the program, you’ll earn at a minimum the federal minimum wage currently in effect. But, you could make more money based on the kind of work you are doing and the qualifications required to be successful in the job.

The amount you earn in work-study depends on:

  • If you are applying,
  • your financial needs your financial need
  • your schools funding level.

NOTE: The amount you earn cannot exceed the amount of Federal Work-Study award. When you assign work hours the employer or school’s Financial Aid office look at your schedule for classes as well as your academic development.

Office Locations and Contacts

Federal Student Aid Information Center:

  • details about federal student aid programs.
  • Assistance with filling out the free Application to Federal Student Aid
  • general information regarding the current federal student loan

Federal Student Aid Information Center (FSAIC): 1-800-4-FED-AID (1-800-433-3243) TTY (for those with hearing impairments) 800-730-8913
Locations that do not have accessibility to the 800 number 319-337-5665
Spanish speakers are available (se habla espaol).

Contact Center hours:

  • Monday-Friday Monday-Friday: 8 a.m.11 p.m. Eastern time (ET)
  • Saturday: 8 a.m.5 p.m. ET
  • Sunday: Noon6 p.m. ET


The Federal Work-Study Program emphasizes employment in the field of civic education as well as tasks that relate to your field of study. This is the case whenever it’s possible.


Federal Work-Study Program: Funds are available for part-time work to help students pay for the cost of higher education. Students are eligible to receive FWS money at around 3400 postsecondary institutions that are participating. Pay rates for hours of work should not be less than the minimum wage set by the federal government.

Jobs available can be either on or off campus. If you are on campus, you’ll typically be working for the school you attend. If you work outside campus your employer will generally be a private non-profit organization or a public agency and the work that is performed must be done in an interest in the general public.

Certain schools may require you to be working with private for-profit companies which the school has reached an agreement. The work must be related to the subject you’re studying (to the greatest extent that is possible). If you are a student at an institution that is proprietary (i.e. an for-profit institution) There could be additional limitations on the kinds of jobs that you are given.

Documentation is needed

The Federal Work-Study Program (formerly known as College Work-Study Program) is an aid to students that offers part-time jobs when you’re enrolled at school to pay tuition costs. This is a guideline on how to apply to the program.

External Links

  • Federal Student Aid – Website:
  • U.S. Department of Education Department of Education Website:




Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here