Apply for Funeral Grant in Jamaica By Yourself
- In order to apply for the Funeral Grant To apply for the Funeral Grant, you must send your application in full to the department of the National Insurance Scheme (NIS) under the Ministry of Social Security and Labour’s (MLSS) parish offices at the area you reside in. Check out these NIS parish offices by clicking this hyperlink: Link and then MLSS contact information via here: Link
- Request Grant’s application form at the NIS parish office at your area, you can download the form from MLSS website at the following link: Link (scroll to locate “Funeral Grant Claim”) or download the form from the following link: Link
- Fill in the application form as per the instructions and gather all supporting documents and add them to the application form.
- Check out your local NIS service unit in your local parish and fill out the application in its entirety to the service center
- An NIS official will confirm the application of yours and will issue you an acknowledgement acceptance of your application.
- The grant request will then be sent to the appropriate NIS authorities to be reviewed and processed If the application meets the standards required by the NIS
- Once the application has been processed, after processing, the NIS will notify you via an appropriate communication method to let you know how to get an Funeral Grant.
- For the Funeral Grant You must send your application to National Insurance Scheme (NIS) through its online portal. MLSS online service portal.
- Go to this page on the MLSS web site NIS page using the following link: Link
- Scroll down until you find an Funeral Grant Application. Then click on the “Apply for your Funeral Grant Online” button for the next page.
- You will be taken to the online funeral grant application form. Be sure to read the instructions carefully and then click “START Application”
- Fill out the online application in the correct manner and upload all required documents. Submit the application
- After submission after which you will receive an acknowledgement receipt for the application. You are required to go to NIS office to submit the required documents. NIS office to present your original copy of your required document
- Send the documents in and the NIS will review your application and then approve the application for processing.
- After processing, the NIS will notify you via an appropriate communication channel provide you with the information needed to apply for the Funeral Grant
Documents Required for Apply for Funeral Grant
- The filled-in Funeral Grant Application Formulation
- The invoice or receipt issued by the Undertaker
- The proof of death is like the Death Certificate or Order for Burial medical Certificate for Causes of Demise and Post Mortem Report.
- Identification document
- If applicable, marriage certificate
- All payments made after when the death date is include pension order books that contain vouchers that are due on the death date, checks and electronic payment following the date of death. Be aware that if you fail to pay back all the payments made within a certain timeframe after on the day of the funeral may result in the total of these payments being taken through the Funeral Grant.
Office Locations and Contacts
Ministry of Labor and Social Security (MLSS)
National Insurance Fund
Address: 40 Knutsford Boulevard, Kingston 5Jamaica, West Indies
Tel: (876) 908-0025
Tel: (876) 908-0019 -21
Fax: (876) 908-0028
NIS church offices in parishes: Link
MLSS contact details: Link
What are all the Eligibility
- Any person(s) who have paid for the funeral costs for the Executor(s) or Administrator or Undertaker may apply.
- The application is available free without charge.
Documents to Utilize
- Application form: Link
- The application is processed within a week, however, a exam of all documents completed by the NIS could affect the processing time.
The Information You Need
- Applicant details
- Payee details
- The details of the deceased
- The details of the insured
- Witness details
The document is needed
- You must make an application in order to be eligible for the Funeral Grant in order to reimbursement of funeral expenses that are used to assist in the funeral of an NIS beneficiary member
- MLSS: Link