How To Apply for Identification(ID) Card In Austria
- Find the nearest authority near you. To find out where to go check out the ‘Office Locations & Contacts’ on this page.
- The identity card application is to be personally presented.
- The card is issued in about five working days via sending a letter to the address you have provided ( such as home address at work, to the office, or to a travel agency).
- If an application to the town will be anticipated with a long waiting time.
Documents that are required Identification(ID) Card
- Form for application if applicant is not yet 18 years old (please take note that there’s separate application forms for minors) One or both parents (if the parents have a marriage) or the guardian of legal custody is required to also sign the application. (The legal guardian of children born outside of wedlock is the non-married mother. If the parents are divorced and have custody shares each parent must fill out the form).
- Statutory declaration (“Erklrung”)Erklrung”) – filled in and signed.
- One (1) recent passport photo. In addition to the criteria listed, the eyes in the photo must be on the upper part of the image.
- If you are a dual citizen or a temporary visa , this document is not necessary.
- Birth Certificate
- Citizenship Certificate
- If appropriate: Marriage (issued by the Registrar Office) and Divorce Certificates
- If applicable: Proof of academic degree (e.g. certificate) to be entered in the passport)
- If it is applicable: Austrian Change of Name Document
Office Locations and Contacts
The Authority for passports:
- The administration of the district
- The community of Leoben and Schwechat In Leoben and Schwechat: the community
- In cities that are statutory : the City Council
- In Vienna the municipal district offices
The application to issue identity cards is accepted domestically regardless of where you live – is completed for every passport agency.
Click here to find out more details.
What Are All The Eligibility
The prerequisite for issuance of for an Austrian passport is being an Austrian citizen.
The card is issued in about five working days via posting to the address provided ( for example, sent home workplace, home, the passport office).
If an application to the town is expected, expect a the longer wait time.
The Document is required Identification(ID) Card
The application process for applying to this Austrian ID card (Personalausweis) via the Austrian Embassy offices. The document can be utilized to fly from Austria to numerous European countries and also allows for the addition of additional functions (for usage in Austria solely).