Apply for Import License for Dangerous Waste In Ivory Coast By Online
- The Prior Import Authorization (API) Permit is an authorization document that grants importers the authority to import all goods into Ivory Coast legally.
- It is important to note that the API Permit will be issued by the appropriate ministry in charge, Importers are required to join the GUCE first before filling in an Import Declaration Form (FDI) and it is required when the value of the product is greater than five hundreds of thousands (500,000) FCFA and for getting an API permit.
Register using the GUCE
- Log in into your account on the GUCE CI website Link If you have an account. If you do not have an account you’ll need to sign up by downloading the GUCE registration form for exporters and importers on the GUCE website or clicking this link to download the the link (Registration form to apply for a GUCE account)
- Please fill out the request form and get it be signed by the representative legal of the company.
- Scan and submit this request form along with the supporting documents below, electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or physically deposit it with Webb Fontaine CI Customer Service.
- A duplicate of the identity document.
- A duplicate of the identity document of the person who is requesting the access GUCE.
- A copy of the Import/Export Coding Sheet.
- For deposits made with physical currency The person who is submitting the deposit request should bring their identification document.
- When you make your request, GUCE will take your request and then send your Username along with the Password via the email address you registered to, login to your account to gain access to the website.
Upload that contains the prior Import Authorization (API) Permit to Dangerous Waste
- Once you have logged in to the GUCE site, fill in the Import declaration form (FDI) and upload the necessary documents as listed on the site , and then send them.
- The system will create an application to obtain Prior Import Authorization (API) which is then sent directly to the Ministry of Environment and Sustainable Development to verify and process.
- Print the proforma invoice along with a Request for a Prior Import Authorization (API) duplicate from GUCE website.
- go to for the Ministry of Environment and Sustainable Development, Department of Industrial Waste Management and Chemical Substance (DDISC) and provide the following files and other information to the desk for licensing
- Number for FDI
- A copy from the invoice proforma
- Demand to obtain Prior Import Authorization (API) Original version
- The original copy from the Hazardous Waste Transfer Authorization Certificate that was signed by the National Committee.
- Pay the necessary cost of processing at the counter, after which you will receive a receipt.
- In the event that the designated official finds that all requirements to fill out the application are met , are notified of the result by phone, SMS or by email along with an Prior Import Authorization (API) permit.
Required Documents For Apply for Import License for Dangerous Waste
Register using the GUCE
- A replica of the identity document.
- A duplicate of the identity document of the person who has requested an account with GUCE.
- A duplicate of the Import Export Code Sheet.
Import Authorization (API) Permit for hazardous waste
- Proforma invoice
- A request to obtain Prior Import Authorization (API) Original version
- Valid identification document
- A valid company registration certificate.
- Other documents that could be required by the ministry
Office Locations and Contacts
- Ministry of Environment and Sustainable Development
- Directorate General of Environment
- Directorate of Infrastructures and Environmental Technologies
- Address: Abidjan – Plateau Cite Administrative, Tour D, 25th floor
- 20 BP Abidjan 20 BP Abidjan 20
- Tel: (+225) 20 21 06 23
- Fax: (+225) 20 21 04 95
- Website: Link
- Department of Industrial Waste Management and Chemical Substance (DDISC)
- Address: Abidjan Cocody Riviera Cocody Riviera Near the French high school
- Tel: (+225) 09 15 72 40
- Webb Fontaine Group Regional Office, Cote d’Ivoire
- Address: Immeuble Plein Ciel Boulevard Valery Giscard D’Estaing
- 26 BP 822 Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire
- Telephone: +225 21 21 23 99
- email: email@example.com
- Natural or legal individuals/businesses/companies with a valid authorization certificate to import Dangerous waste in Ivory Coast can apply.
Processing fees are indicated on the proforma invoice.
Documents to Utilize
Link (registration for GUCE account request form)
Examples of Documents
Imports by sea
For all sea-based imports The exporter, forwarder overseas and the importer have to be registered with the BSC on the site at the Office Ivoirien des Chargeurs (OIC) .
Documentation required for registration
- The Final Invoice, or the Inventory of personal belongings.
- A Bill of Lading (Bill of Lading, also known as B / L).
- The packing checklist.
- It is the Customs Export Declaration of the country where the shipment is made of the product.
- The Local Insurance Certificate in Cote d’Ivoire.
- It is the Import Declaration Form (FDI) or its number.
Additionally for imports coming from countries that are not part of within the European Union, the following are the requirements:
- This is the Freight Invoice.
- It is the Certificate of Origin.
- Name of the importer/importer company
- Contact details
- Identification document details
- Company registration certificate detail
- Source of import
- The value of the item
- Transport mode
- Name of the bank that is used by the importer (in Cote d’Ivoire) (for the Bank Domiciliation and for getting an Exchange Authorization).
- The HS codes of products that are to be imported
- The applicant’s declaration
The Document is required
- An Import Autorization (API) The permit for hazardous waste grants the Importers the authority to import this dangerous substance into Ivory Coast legally.
- Imports are subjected control along border crossings at the Ivory Coast border under the national rules that seek to limit the amount and toxicity of waste products to be exported.
Information that could be helpful
Other certifications required for the Importation of dangerous waste.
- Certificate of Value.
- Once the goods are loaded , and all documents for transporting the cargo are available (Definitive Commercial Invoice, Sea Bill of Lading or Air Waybill and Packing List, Freight Invoice and a copies of the FDI, and any other certificates that are that are available) The freight forwarder has to make an application for an official Certificate of Value by contacting Customs’ Department of Risk Analysis, Intelligence and Value (DARRV) of Customs via the online platform of GUCE
- Customs Declaration on Arrival.
- Customs Declaration Customs Declaration is executed by a forwarder who is appointed by the importer and subsequently approved by Customs . The freight forwarder files the declaration to Customs’ computer system. Customs computer system. Enter any other information that may assist.