How to Apply for Import License for Fertilizer In Ivory Coast

Apply for Import License for Fertilizer In Ivory Coast By Online

  • The Prior Import Authorization (API) Permit is an authorization document which grants importers permission to import any product into Ivory Coast legally.
  • It is important to note that the API Permit will be issued by the appropriate ministry responsible, Importers are required to sign up with the GUCE first before filling in an Import Declaration Form (FDI) and it is mandatory when the value of the product is greater than five hundreds of thousands (500,000) FCFA and for getting an API permit.

Register using the GUCE

  • Log in into your account on the GUCE CI website Link If you already have an account. If you don’thave one, you’ll be required to sign-up by downloading the GUCE registration form for exporters and importers on the GUCE website or clicking this link to download the the link (Registration form to apply for a GUCE account)
  • Please fill out the form and get it completed by the representative legal of the firm.
  • Scan and submit this request form along with the supporting documents below, electronically to or physically deposit it with Webb Fontaine CI Customer Service.
        • A replica of the legal representative’s identification document.
        • A photocopy of the identity card of the person who is requesting an account with GUCE.
        • A duplicate of the Import/Export Code Sheet.
  • For deposits made with physical currency The person who is submitting the deposit request should bring their identity proof.
  • After you submit your request, the GUCE will review your request and then send your Username along with the Password via the email address that you signed up with. login to your account to login to your portal.

Upload an import authorization (API) Permit of Fertilizer

  • After logging in to the GUCE site, fill in the Import declaration form (FDI) and upload the necessary documents as listed on the website, and then upload them to the site.
  • The system will automatically create the request in order to request Prior Import Authorization (API) that will be forwarded directly to Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (MINADER) and will be sent on to the Department of Food Productions and Food Security (DPVSA) to verify and processing following the payment of the fee required.
  • Print the proforma invoice as well as an application of Prior Import Authorization (API) copy from the website.
  • Check out the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (MINADER) department of Food Productions and Food Security (DPVSA) and provide the following files along with the required information at the desk for licensing.
    • A request addressed at the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development;
    • The photocopy or copy of your National Identity Card or the Manager’s Residence Card;
    • Photocopies from the Trade Register;
    • An informational sheet (TDS) for the product (composition and use method and precautions to take as well as active ingredient. ).
    • A copy of your authorization certificate or card to import fertilizer.
    • The FDI number
    • Demand for Prior Import Authorization (API) Original document
    • A copy from the invoice pro forma
    • A copy of the authorisation card/certificate to import Fertilizer
  • Pay the necessary cost of processing at the counter. Upon which you will receive a receipt.
  • If an approved official finds that all conditions to fill out the application have been met, will be informed of the decision by phone, SMS or email or personally within two days or 72 hours, and granted the license.

Required Documents For Apply for Import License for Fertilizer

Register using the GUCE

  • A replica of the legal representative’s identification document.
  • A duplicate of the identity document of the person who is requesting an account with GUCE.
  • A duplicate of the Import /Export Code Sheet.

Import Authorization (API) Permit for fertilizer

  • Proforma invoice
  • A Request addressed to Secretary for Agriculture and Rural Development;
  • Photocopies of National Identity Card or the Residence Card of the Manager. Card
  • The photocopy is from the Trade Register
  • A Import Declaration Form, issued through the DPVSA;
  • The Technical Data Sheet (TDS) for the product (composition and use method the product, safety precautions to be taken as well as active ingredient. ).
  • A copy of authorization certificate or card to import fertilizer
  • Other documents that might be required by the ministry

Office Locations and Contacts

Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (MINADER)
Directorate General of Productions and Food Security
Directorate of Food Productions and Food Security (DPVSA)
Sub-Directorate of Seeds and inputs
Address: Abidjan – Plateau, CAISTAB building.
BP V 82 Abidjan building – Cote d’Ivoire
Tel: (+225) 20 21 41 77 / (+225) 20 22 24 81
Fax: (+225) 20 21 36 10
Website: Link


  • Legal and natural individuals/businesses/companies with a valid Fertilizer Importer Approval Certificate can apply.


  • The Import Authorization (API) Permit to fertilizer is 5,500 FCFA for each tranche of 350 tonnes


  • Import Authorization (API) Permit to fertilize lasts for one calendar month.

Documents to Utilize

Link (registration for GUCE account request form)

Examples of Documents

Link (Prior Import Authorization (API) Link (The Import Declaration Form (FDI) request form)

Processing Time

Once the application is submitted, the processing time is between 2 to 72 hours after lodging the application.


Import via sea
For all sea-based imports The exporter, forwarder abroad as well as the importer must all be registered with the BSC on the website that is operated by the Office Ivoirien des Chargeurs (OIC)

  • BSC registration
  • The documents required are:
  • the Final Invoice (or the valuable Inventory of personal belongings).
  • It is also known as the Bill of Lading (Bill of Lading, also known as B / L) as well as The Air Waybill (AWB / LTA) and the Consignment Note.
  • The packing checklist.
  • It is the Customs Export Declaration of the country that will be shipping the merchandise.
  • The Local Insurance Certificate in Cote d’Ivoire.
  • It is the Import Declaration Form (FDI) or its number.

Additionally, for imports coming from countries that aren’t part of within the European Union, the following are the requirements:

  • This is the Freight Invoice.
  • It is the Certificate of Origin.

The Information You Need

Importer details

  • Name of the importer/importer company
  • Contact details
  • Identification document details
  • Company registration certificate detail
  • Source of import
  • The value of the item
  • Transport mode
  • Name of the bank that is used by the importer (in Cote d’Ivoire) (for the Bank Dominiciliation as well as getting an Exchange Authorization).
  • The HS codes of items to be imported
  • A declaration from the applicant

Need to have the Document

  • To be able to import any fertilizer imported into Ivory Coast importer are required to obtain an Prior Import Authorization (API) that is issued by Department of Food Productions and Food Security (DPVSA),Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (MINADER).

Information that can be useful

Other documents required for the fertilizer imports.

  • Certificate of Value.
When the goods are loaded , and all documents for transporting the cargo are available (Definitive Commercial Invoice, Sea Bill of Lading or Air Waybill and Packing List, Freight Invoice and a copies of the FDI, and any other certificates in the system) The freight forwarder needs to initiate an application for the Certificate of Value through Customs’ Department of Risk Analysis, Intelligence and Value (DARRV) of Customs through the electronic platform of GUCE
  • Customs Declaration on Arrival.
Customs Declaration Customs Declaration is carried out by a forwarder who is appointed by the importer and subsequently approved by Customs . The freight forwarder enters the declaration on the Customs computer system.
  • Certificate for chemical product (dangerous products)
Fertilisers that contain Ammonium Nitrate (HS Code 31.02.03) and Sodium Nitrate (HS Code 31.02.05) are classified as dangerous items, therefore transportation of such products requires a the certification of chemical products issued by the SPCIAC-CI (Ministry of Defense).

The request is submitted online using the License or Certificate for Chemicals Module of GUCE.

External Links

Link (Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (MINADER)




Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here