Apply for Laying of Gas or Utility Pipe Lines Service to the Highways Planning and Development Department in Nigeria by yourself
- For an application to apply for Laying of Gas or Utility Pipe Lines Service in person, the person applying has to go to the Highways Planning and Development Department of the Federal Ministry of Works and Housing.
- Contact details and the address are listed on the next contact page
- Contact this office and present a written request to get Laying of Gas or Utility Pipe Lines Service from the Highways Planning and Development Department.
- Check to see if you are armed with all the documents that are listed on this page’s “Required documents” section on this page.
- Attach the necessary documents to the letter of request and forward it to the appropriate office.
- Following successful submission after which the applicant is required to pay the charges required to receive the service.
- Once the agency has received the payment after receipt of the stipulated payment, the agency will begin the evaluation of the application, and will verify the documents attached.
- A visit conducted by Ministry personnel of Headquarters and Field office will be conducted on the premises of the applicant, in collaboration.
- After all the processes have been completed and the permit in the process of being issued, an person who applied will be notified via either email or telephone to collect it.
- In the next step, the applicant should be able to submit sketches of the same property following the time that the Gas or Utility Pipelines has been laid.
required Documents for Laying of Gas
- Letter of request
- Drawing that shows the planned route of pipeline
- Illustrations of the pipelines laid after the pipelines have been laid.
- Fees and documents to prove payment
- Any supporting document (as required)
Office Locations and Contacts
Highways Planning and Development Department,Federal Ministry of Housing and Works
Phone: +234 806 086 1591
Highway Development and Management Initiative (HDMI) contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Web site homepage
Website for HDMI homepage
What are all the Eligibility
Any entity that is located in Nigeria who requires approval to construct utility or gas pipelines on Nigerian Highways, can apply.
Fees for approval for laying pipes at first is around 250 Nigerians per meter.
The approval for Thrust Boring in a single site costs around 350000 Nigerians.
The applicant must also pay a monthly maintenance fee of N100 per metre, each year.
The time for processing before approvals is approximately three weeks.
- The applicants are advised to fill in the application form in a neat and accurately with perfect clarity and accuracy in order to avoid rejection.
- Furthermore, all necessary documents have to be supplied in complete.
The Information You Need
- Name of the business
- Registration number
- Information on incorporation
- License number
- Address of the company
- Number for phone
- Routes to follow
- End and Start points
- Total length
- The areas covered
- Email address
- Product description
The Document is required
A permit by the Highways Planning and Development Department is required for businesses which are involved in digging the Right of Way/Setback in order to lay utility lines as well as the cutting through the ground at crossings for roads.