- Apply using your digital counter
- You can also apply at an office of Police Records Service in Brussels. City of Brussels.
Vehicles registered in other countries
Individuals who reside in Belgium with vehicles registered in another country must own the same car which is locally registered.
The applicant can obtain the temporary resident card (10 euros) for a maximum duration of six months, beginning from the time of application to be registered in the Belgian populace registers.
For vehicles registered in foreign countries only the following categories of individuals can be eligible for the local resident card:
- class 1 is the vehicle that is rented by a professional from another country to another person for a maximum duration of six months. It is that is not renewable.
- class 2 is any person who utilizes the vehicle in the course of their profession to serve a foreign owner which this person is legally bound by an employment contract
- Category 3 The vehicle that is driven by an official living in Belgium and who is employed by an international organization in an other member within the European Union
- categorie 4. 4: The vehicle for which the driver is classified as being a person temporarily absent (the possibility of departing from Belgium for a period of time ranging from 3 months to 1 year) Belgian territorial area during a period of 3 months or more to one year and for which an application to the competent department in the city was made prior to the time) and who is allowed to keep his parking space in Belgium for no longer than six months at a time.
Documents that are required
- Identification card of the applicant
- Certificate for identification
- completed request form
- Copy of ID card, if a different person is to collect the resident card in the local area.
Additional documents that must be provided to the vehicle of the company:
- the certification of the business which states that the vehicle is used for private use and professionally
- the state of the business or the content from the Belgian Official Journal if the owner of the vehicle is a manager or executive of the organization
Additional documents that must be provided to be submitted for the vehicle that is leased for personal use:
- lease contract
Additional documents that must be provided to vehicle belonging to an unidentified third party:
- An insurance policy where it is stated that the applicant is the primary driver of the vehicle.
Additional documents required to those who are exempt from registration:
- the certification of the service protocol of Foreign Affairs service that includes the name first name address and household
Office Locations and Contacts
Local resident card for local residents.
Centre for administration
1,000 Brussels Map
Tel. : 02 279 62 60
Fax : 02279 62 769
Hours of operation Monday through Wednesday from 8:30 am until 3 pm on Thursday, from 8:30 am until 6 pm on Friday, and from 8:30 am until 12 pm. The distribution of tickets begins at 8:15 am.
Phone hours: Monday through Friday from 8 am until 4 pm
Office of liaison in Laeken
Boulevard Emile Bockstael 246
1020 Brussels (Laeken) Map
Tel. : 02 279 37 00
Fax : 02279 37 08
Hours of operation: Monday to Friday, between 8:30 am and noon and from 1:30 pm until 3:00 pm, excluding Thursday afternoon. Pay attention to ticket distribution is between 8:15 and 11:30 am and then from 1:15 pm until 3 4 (except during Thursday)
The hours of service are Monday to Friday, 8:30 am until 12 noon, and later from 1:30pm to 3:30 pm , excluding Thursday after lunch.
Liaison Office Northeast District
Rue Van Campenhout 16
1,000 Brussels Map
Tel. : 02 736 04 78
Fax : 02736 41 95
Hours of operation On Tuesdays and Thursdays between 1:45 and 3:45 pm.
Phone hours : on Tuesday and Thursday , from 1:45pm to 3:45pm.
Louise District liaison office
Boulevard de la Cambre, 34
1,000 Brussels Map
Tel. : 02 279 28 90
Fax : 02 647 40
Open hours Monday through Wednesday between 1:45 and 3:45 at.
Phone hours Monday through Wednesday from 1:45 pm until 3:45pm.
- Residents who reside on a public highway or in a section designed specifically for this for that purpose within the boundaries of the City of Brussels.
- If the applicant is not required to register, the The following documents are acceptable certifications from the Federal Public Service (FPS) Interior or The Ministry of External Affairs, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Protocol Department or the embassy or consulate in which the applicant is employed.
- First card: 10 euro
- The second card is $100
- The card is valid for for one year..
If you submit your application by counters You will be able to be issued your card in a matter of minutes. If you submit your application through the counter that is electronic, you will be waiting for 10 days before the card will be available for issuance.
You can apply either online or over the counter.
The Document is required
Here are the steps on how to apply for the Local resident’s card (Municipal Parking Card – Type A).
- Card for local residents (municipal parking card Type A):