Apply for Motor vehicle Personal Number Plate In Uganda By Online
- The applicant should ensure that they have all the details of the motor vehicle, such as the registration number of the motor as well as the chassis and engine numbers, as well as the current owner’s names on the log book
- Go to the Uganda Revenue Authority licensing offices and download the application forms for the request to issue a unique number plate for the motor vehicle.
- Complete the form correctly complete the form, attach all required documents and return at Uganda Revenue Authority licensing offices. Uganda Revenue Authority licensing offices. After approval, the applicant is given an assessment for the amount of money that must be paid.
- Send the report to the bank, pay receive a receipt, take that receipt back to the office for verification.
- A go ahead for document is issued to applicant upon verification.
- Give the go-ahead on your document to Number plates printing firms according to the recommendations or even basing on your preference since there have a variety of options to choose from.
- Pay to print the number (make sure the receipt is provided and also be informed of the date on which the registration plates for your number will be open to be collected, usually in a time of between six hours to a complete day);
- When the timer expires After the time has expired, visit any licensed staff with your receipt for printing and your personal number plate is handed out and you will be asked to take it in.
Required Documents For Apply for Motor vehicle Personal Number Plate
- Log book
- Identity card
- Registration certificate
- The payment slips
Office Locations and Contacts
Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) Headquarters, 5th Street, Nakawa Industrial Area,
P.O. Box 7279 Uganda, Kampala
Phone: 0414 334228, 0417442054, 0417442055, 0417443150
Toll free: 0800117000
Uganda Revenue Authority (URA)
Crested Towers (Tall Tower)
Tel: 041-7443000, 041-7443134
Uganda Revenue Authority (URA)
Tel: 041-7440000, 041-7442042
The applicants must be the owners of valid registration plates to be eligible for personal number plates.
This link gives fees related information that could be useful : Fee information
It does not have a validity period.
- Complete the application form precisely
- All the necessary documents be read
- A separate application has to be completed for each personal registration plate.
- The new vehicle must be registered and titled before a personal plate is issued.
- Number of registration on the vehicle;
- The engine number of the vehicle for the motorcycle.
- Chassis number
- The owner’s full name is the current owner (as on the record book);
The Document is required
- A motor vehicle number plate is metal or plastic piece of metal that is attached onto a motor vehicle to serve official identification for identification purposes.
- A registration number is an alphanumeric or alphanumeric number that uniquely identify the vehicle in the database of the issuing region. in certain countries the identifier is unique to the entire nation and in other countries, it is unique to a specific province or state.
- The possession of a personal number plate is purchasing the right to give that number (an individual chooses) to the vehicle and then show the number plate on it. The vehicle may be registered under your name or the name of another person (the nominated).
Information that can be useful
The Licensing Office has been established by the Uganda Revenue Authoritys (URA) department that is charged with managing and issuing all licenses in relation to Motor Vehicle, Motor Cycle, Driving Permits, Engineering Plants, Log Books, Vehicle Alterations and other issues which could fall into the same category. When replacing plates, the issuance is contingent on the reason the applicant provides, whether lost numbers plates, numbers destroyed or other reasons, which could need to be issued a police statement or a news announcement , all of which should be added to the application form prior to returning them. The signature of the owner must match the signatures of all required information on the form prior to sending the forms to verify.
Other uses for the document/certificate
As a means of identification