How To Apply for National Criminal History Check In Australia
How do I apply for the National Police Check. If you live in Australia.
- 1. Find an ACIC certified National Police Check provider by using a browser on your PC or mobile device.
- 2. For individuals For individual applicants, click “Start an online police check” and you’ll be directed on the following page.
- 3. Complete all fields that are required and ensure your information is in line with the ID documents you have.
- 4. The system requires you to scan or upload documents (you could make use of a printer or scanner with scanning capabilities or a mobile phone equipped with cameras to capture the documents) and your selfie.
- 5. Complete the application according to the instructions of the system. Your application won’t be considered until you click”Submit” “Submit” option.
- 6. The status of the application is confirmed via email within minutes. The majority of National Criminal History Check processed through Australian National Character Check will be sent in one or three days.
Documents Required National Criminal History Check
The identity documents required must be issued in your legal identity of person applying. Evidence of a change of name taken from Registry of Births Deaths and marriages is required in the event that the ID document was issued in a prior name.Applicants who have Police Clearance certificates need to create at least one document from each of the following classes.
Start of ID
- Australian Birth Certificate / Australian Passport / Australian Citizenship Certificate.
- Australian Visa / ImmiCard / Certificate identity issued by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
- Australian driver licence / Australian marriage certificate.
- A valid passport from a nation different from Australia or proof of age or photo identification document that is issued from one of the Australian department of government.
- License to shoot or for firearms.
- Identification of the student.
- Medicare Card
- Government issued photo IDs issued by foreign governments documents (e.g. driver licence).
- Utility Bill
- Credit card, bank card, or statement from a bank.
Office Locations and Contacts
Australian National Character Check,
P.O. Box 237
Fyshwick ACT, 2609
Phone: (02) 6103 0770
Contacts ANCC assistance
Australian Federal Police,
AOCC Client Liaison Team,
GPO Box 401
Canberra ACT 2601.
Phone: (02) 5126 0000.
Contact: Australia Police or Department of foreign affairs
What Are All The Eligibility
- The applicant must satisfy the minimum requirements for identity.
- People who must submit an National Criminal History Check, National Police Check, Police Clearance Certificate or a Criminal Record Check.
- Companies who want to ensure their workplaces are secure and stop fraud and theft.
Basis Cost AUD $46.00. Payment choices are PayPal, Debit Card or Credit Card.
Fees can vary between providers. Please check the following page
The results of National Criminal History Checks have no time limit for expiry. They are “point to time test”. In general, it is the responsibility of employers to determine how old a Police Clearance Certificate can be. The majority of employers will not take Police Clearance certificates more than 3 months old.
Documents to Utilize
Visit this site and fill out the forms online.
Most police checks are conducted in one or three days. The applicants receive an immediate emails and SMS notifications.
The applicant should go to their local government storefront to obtain updated identification documents in the event that they discover they don’t meet the minimal requirements for identification documents. This means that you could require new documents, or get your current documents altered to show your correct name even if they don’t currently.
Information that could be helpful
The National Criminal History Check (NCHC) is a compilation of conviction and police background information on an individual who has been confirmed to be releasable Australian police departments.
The National Criminal History Check lists the outcomes of a person’s court case and the pending charges that are sourced in the records of the various Australian police departments.
The National Criminal History Check is frequently used by both companies and individuals for employment jobs, Volunteer positions, and various Australian Licensing and Registration schemes.