How To Apply for National Identity (DNI/Documento Nacional de Identidad) In Argentina
- Contact the registry and/or Documentation Center to apply for an ID. If you reside within the Autonomous City of Buenos Aires you can visit the Management and Participation Centers, or arrange for your identification through the Quick Center of the Ministry of Interior and Transportation. If you’ve been registered in another country go to the Quick Documentation Centers, which are required to completing the procedure within their Civil Registry delegations of their respective cities or districts.
- Candidates have to make an application in person (no requirement to have parents)
- Along with the card they’ll take care of your request,, allowing you to vote.
- The ID card that is issued will be sent directly to the address specified by the applicant, by certified mail upon the receipt of proof of identity. The mail service will call the address two times, the ID’s that are not delivered will be sent to the location that processed the application and will be accessible for pick-up.
Documents Required National Identity (DNI/Documento Nacional de Identidad)
- Any IDs from the past, if any
- Birth certificate that is sealed and signed by the original public office. The certificate is not accepted.
Office Locations and Contacts
Ministry of Interior and Transport
May 25 101/145 C1002ABC – Buenos Aires
Phone Numbers for Contact: (54 11) 4339-0800
Email Contact Form: http://www.nuevodni.gov.ar/contacto.php
Management and Participation Centers
Quick Documentation Centres
Civil Register Offices
What Are All The Eligibility
- Argentine citizens
- Age 14 and above
Processing cost: $ 35
Note If you are 15 years old or older, there is an additional charge of $35, which brings the total processing cost to $70 ($35 plus $35)
Other rates are available:
A new DNI issued to citizens older than 14 years old, Argentine or from a foreign country Valid to fifteen years after the date it was issued.
ID’s will be provided within 15 days after the application process has been completed.
Each office within the Civil Registry accepts applications for the issuance of a new DNI.
The document is needed
Identification cards are a piece of paper that is utilized for all private and public transactions like lobbying, immigration, banking trade, public finance social security and even for voting.
- The process of obtaining an ID
- Commonly asked Questions: