How To Apply for New Born Identity (DNI/Documento Nacional de Identidad) In Argentina
- Contact the registry for more information or the Documentation Center to apply for an ID. If you reside within the Autonomous City of Buenos Aires you can visit the Management and Participation Centers, or arrange for your ID through the Quick Center of the Ministry of Interior and Transportation. If you’ve already registered somewhere else in Argentina, visit the following Quick Documentation Centres. They are required to completing the procedure within their Civil Registry delegations of their respective cities or districts.
- The ID card that is issued will be sent directly to the address provided by the applicant, by certified mail upon receipt of proof of identity. The postal service will visit the address two times, the ID’s that are not delivered will be sent to the place that processed the application which will make it accessible for pick-up.
Documents that are required New Born Identity (DNI/Documento Nacional de Identidad)
- Birth certificate that is signed and sealed by a public official issued when birth certificate was registered. The certificate is not accepted.
- If there is a guardian, they must provide a guardianship court witness (original).
Office Locations and Contacts
Ministry of Interior and Transport
May 25 101/145 C1002ABC – Buenos Aires
Phone Numbers for Contact: (54 11) 4339-0800
Email Contact Form: http://www.nuevodni.gov.ar/contacto.php
Management and Participation Centers
Quick Documentation Centres
Civil Register Offices
What Are All The Eligibility
- Argentine citizens
The process of processing ID for infants across the country is absolutely free.
ID’s will be provided at no cost.
Other rates are available:
ID’s will be provided within 15 days following the completion of the application procedure.
Each office that are part of the Civil Registry accepts applications for the issue of a new DNI.
Documentation is needed
Identification cards are a form of identification that is utilized for any private or public transactions like lobbying, immigration, banking trade, public finance social security as well as to cast a vote.
The Newborn Identification Card is the initial identification given to babies when they register. The newborn who is registered will receive an ID card with an individual registration number that is permanent.
- The process of obtaining an ID