Apply for new sim card and replacementor Swap a sim card In Uganda By Yourself
The process of registering for a brand new SIM card
- Visit any office of any mobile service provider that is close to you, with the necessary document as well as the fee recommended by the company.
- Contact the customer service desk to inquire for the application form. You can also take the request form on any website portal for service providers of your choice , go through the instructions attentively and complete it precisely.
- Attach the necessary documents to the form and hand it in to the official who will be attending who will then verify the application and then pay the necessary SIM fee for the card.
- The attendant will have took your thumbprints and picture and then verify your ID through NIRA. National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA).
- If all information is in order , you will be issued the SIM card in a matter of minutes Recharge and then use your SIM card
Method of replacing an unusable SIM card:
- Visit your nearest station for an official report from the police confirming the fact that you’ve lost your SIM card.
- Visit national identification registration authority(NIRA)offices near you with your identification documents
- You can pay UGX.1,000 (Approx. Kes.30) by bank
- Request a form for SIM change at NIRA
- Give five working days to the request you made to be considered
- You will receive an email from NIRA instructing the service you use to exchange your SIM
- Contact your mobile service provider and complete the new SIM application form and attach it with the following information
- You must provide the SIM pack or other proof of ownership or purchase directly. In the event that the SIM pack is not available A sworn statement attesting ownership and loss is required.
- Three (3) frequently dialed numbers that are frequently dialed
- Information about your recharge activity.
- An acceptable photo ID. It is which is defined as International Passport, Driver’s License, National ID Card, Voters Identification Card (NINs slips that have ID numbers is also acceptable).
- Make payment of UGX.2,000 (Approx. Kes.60) for your phone service. The staff will then get your biometric details
- If all the details are correct, you’ll receive Your new SIM card with your personal number. recharge, and begin using your SIM card.
Method of swapping damaged SIM card:
- Check with your service provider for the following conditions
- Your damage SIM card
- Valid Identification document
- Three (3) frequently dialed numbers frequently dialed
- Information about your recharge activity
- SIM card replacement SIM card costs
- Visit the desk at the front of the service and fill out the application form in a precise manner, send it to staff members who will verify and then process your application.
- Make payment of UGX.2,000 (Approx. Kes.60) for your phone service. The staff will then collect your biometric details
- If all your information is correct, you’ll receive a brand new SIM card with your personal number. recharge and then begin with your SIM card
SIM Swap via an third PartyWhere you aren’t available an authorized representative may make your SIM switch on your behalf.
This person needs to know the following:
- A sworn statement from you, describing the reasons behind replacement, the reason for your inability to perform replacement on your own.
- Copy of your ID
- A valid photo ID from the authorized representative
Required Documents For Apply for new sim card and replacementor Swap a sim card
The only acceptable identity documents are
- National Identity Card for Ugandans.
- Passports for foreign citizens
- Registration documents obtained from the Office that is the office of the Premier Minister responsible for Refugees.
- Recent passport photo (Please check your photocopy’s quality and scanned copies aren’t blurry, faded or too bright or dim.)
For corporate institutions, these are the requirements:
- A formal letter written on official letterhead of the company with all telephone lines, that is signed by an approved signatory to the business, e.g. the Managing Director, Chief Executive Officer or Chief Human Ressources Officer. (The letter is to be addressed to the Head of Customer Service, Uganda Telecom Ltd)
- A copy of Certificate of Registration/incorporation
- A copy of memorandum of Association/understanding (MOU/MOA)
Office Locations and Contacts
National identification and Registration Authority:
National Independence Grounds, Kololo Airstrip
P.O.Box 26529, Kampala-Uganda
Tel (Reception) +256 312119600
For inquiries about the National Identity Registration
Call: +256 312119631/+256 312119639
To inquire about Birth, Death, and Adoption Order Registration
Call: +256 312119601
For inquiries regarding Public Relations
Call: +256 312119605
Anyone living in Uganda of whom have the SIM card. might need to replace or Swap your current SIM card
- If it’s defective
- If it’s damaged, or stolen,
- If it’s not in use (but qualified for replacement or upgrade)
- Any other valid reason or reason other than the above.
SIM cards permit users on mobile devices to access the data and features they come with. Without the SIM card, certain phones wouldn’t be able make calls and connect to internet-based services like 4G LTE, or transmit SMS-based messages. SIM cards can be removed and range from 32KB to 128KB
The Information You Need
- Name of the person who is applying
- The applicant’s birthdate
- The nationality of the applicant
- Identification documents number
- The signature of the person applying
- Identification number of parents in the cases of minors
Documentation is needed
SIM refers to subscriber identification module, also known as a subscriber identification module. Then it follows that the SIM card has unique data that allows it to be identified by the specific mobile network which permits subscribers (like the person you) to utilize the communication capabilities of the device.
Information that could be helpful
The list below includes mobile networks operating from Uganda
- MTN Uganda
- Airtel Uganda
- Uganda Telecom
- Africell Uganda
- Smile Uganda
- K2 Uganda