Apply For Obtain a Sport Pilot Certificate in Egypt
- How to get the Sport Pilot License to Fly LSA
Step 1: Begin the flight and/or ground training with an accredited flight instructor with the sport rating (CFIS) or an ordinary CFI. (CFI).
Step 2: Get a the student pilot’s certificate to solo from the designated Pilot Examiner (DPE) or the local ECAA Flight Standards District Office (FSDO) or one of the Aviation Medical Examiner (AME) in order to obtain a medical of third class.
- To solo, have CFI or CFIS train per Part 61 requirements and take an exam on aircraft specifics and airport procedures/regulations.
- The instructor then endorses Spots Pilot certificate for make/model and provides appropriate logbook endorsements/limitations to solo.
Step 3: Get endorsements to pass the knowledge test (this can be obtained through home study, or from an CFI or CFIS.
Step IV: Pass the FAA knowledge test (computer that is computer-based). (Typically called written test)
Step V: Meet the requirement for flight proficiency and knowledge from the CFI or CFIS which comprises 15 hours tandem (10 hours of PPC) or 5 hours (2 hour for the PPC) in a solo airplane or weight-shift control trike light-sport airplanes.
Step VI: Attend and record two hours of flight instruction 2 months prior to test (practical test) in preparation for the checkride and get endorsements for the practice test (checkride) by CFIS or CFI using form 8710-11.
- Get through an exam (practical test) with a designated Pilot Examiner to be a Sport Pilot DPE/SPE . Based in the Practical Test Standards.
- Receive a Sport Pilot Certificate and logbook endorsements for flying a specific category or class of LSA.
Required Documents For Obtain a Sport Pilot Certificate
- It is necessary to have an official medical certificate.
- A valid medical certificate of third class or a valid driver’s licence.
- A knowledge test
- a sport pilot certificate.
- Candidates will have to submit the these documents if they are selected for the test for zonal recruitment:
- Two recent passport-sized photographs to be countersigned and stamped by an officer of the rank,
- Chairmen/Secretaries of Local Government and other officers with specific responsibilities
- Photocopies of:
- Birth Certificate/Declaration of Age.
- Educational/ Trade Certificates.
Office Locations and Contacts
- Ministry of Transportation
“MR. Hany Sayed Mohamed Dahy image
Address: Nasr Road, Nasr City, Cairo
Phone number: 2400814 22604884
- Egyptian Civil Aviation Authority??)
TEL: 002 22677617
AX: 002 22688232
What are all the Eligibility
You’re eligible if:
- At minimum the age of 18. If you intend to fly a glider, or a balloon then you must be 20 years old.
- You are able to read, speak and comprehend English
- You must have an current medical certificate of the third class or have a valid or valid Egyptian driver’s license to operate in light-sport aircrafts other than a balloon or glider.
If you intend to pilot a balloon or glider it is only necessary to confirm that you do not have a medical condition that could render you ineligible to fly a glider or balloon.
Valid for one year.
The sport pilot certificates are not transferable into the new one. Keep the original certificate as proof of the endorsements
The Information You Need
- A computerized test of aeronautical knowledge
- Record and accumulate a certain amount of training and experiences in a document.
- A third-class medical certificate.
- A computerized test of aeronautical knowledge
- A record of Flight Time Experience
- A document that proves you Pass an oral and flight test conducted by an ECAA inspector.
- An instructor’s certificate for flight;
- Other requirements
The requirements for training to obtain an instructor certificate for sport pilots with the category of airplane
Minimum of 20 hours of flight time which includes:
- 15 hours of flight instruction by an approved instructor.
- 5 hours solo flight.
Training for flight must contain at a minimum:
- 2 hours of cross-country flying training.
- 10 landings and takeoffs until complete stop.
- One single cross-country flight with at least 75 nautical miles in total distance that includes a full-stop landing at at least two locations and one portion of the flight comprising straight lines of at minimum 25 nautical miles from the takeoff and landing sites.
- 3 hours of flight training to prepare you for the test.
- Training on the ground with an instructor or at home study course.
- ECAA knowledge test in the relevant aeronautical knowledge areas.
- ECAA practical test to determine the relevant light-sport aircraft privilege.
- Certificates for pilots of sport will be issued in lieu of category or class designation logbook endorsement . This will be given for both classes and categories.
Documentation is needed
- The process of obtaining an Sport Pilot License is amazingly simple and fast. If you’re an avid aviation enthusiast and are looking for your first pilot’s certificate The sport pilot certificate is one of the simplest and least expensive methods to fly for pleasure and enjoyment.
- It can be thought of as a kind of middle ground that lies between the ultralight level and becoming a full-time pilot. Private pilot.Sport Pilots are limited to two-seat aircraft that are smaller.
- In contrast to ultralight pilots, sport pilots are able to carry passengers and fly in specific types of airspaces that are controlled, for instance, however, they will have a hard time flying at night, and are restricted to aircraft that are lighter and lower-powered as opposed by private pilots.
- Although a certificate for private pilots requires a minimum of (or 40) hours instruction period (depending on the program) The requirements for private pilots are significantly less for sport pilots.