Apply For Obtain a Tax Idetification Number TIN in Egypt
There are four tax types that are in Egypt including
- Income tax for corporations,
- Tax on personal income,
- Tax on property
- Tax on dividends, interest and values plus.
General Sales Tax that is identical to VAT. Value Added Tax (VAT) in certain extent, is also applicable.
- To obtain a TIN, it is recommended to first visit Egypt Tax Authority offices for registration. An agent who certifys acceptance can help you fill out the tax identification form based on the tax category you wish to be registered under.
- After filling out the registration form, it’s then submitted to be reviewed. The required documents must be included with the registration form. This is a reference to a passport or national identity card and address, business name as well as occupation and marital status, employer spouse’s name, marital status, and so on. The information you provide will depend on the Tax category in which you fall.
- After verification of your details the taxpayer identification number, also known as TIN, will be given to you.
Required Documents For Obtain a Tax Idetification Number TIN
- an appropriately filled and filled in and
- Your work authorization
- your resident permit
- The identity card or passport you carry.
Office Locations and Contacts
Egyptian Tax AuthorityEl-Basatin Sharkeya, El-Basatin, Cairo Governorate, Egypt
Tel: (02) 24034896 – 24034893 – 24034891
Tel: (02) 27947918
Ministry of Finance
Address Nasr City
Telephone number. 23428886 – 23428010 – 23428830
Fax 26861680 286181
Fax: ++2(0)2 26861861
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Locations which may be reached : Office Locations and Contacts
What are all the Eligibility
- The TIN can be obtained when the individual is believed to earn income from Egypt.
- Egyptians who are over the age of 18 can apply for the TIN
- 50 Egyptian pounds
- Its validity TIN lasts forever.
Documents to Utilize
The application documents can be obtained at the the office of application.
It could take anywhere from 3 to 15 days.
- There are various types of taxation in Egypt that, in some cases, apply to foreigners. Make sure to inquire about these taxes and the corresponding circumstances with Egyptian tax authorities to be prepared for any unexpected surprises.
- The four main tax types are in force in Egypt which include corporate income tax and personal income tax. property tax, and tax on dividends, interests and plus values. General Sales Tax, which is like Value Added Tax (VAT) in a certain extent, also is applicable.
The Information You Need
- Full name
- Birth date
- Valid identification
The Document is required
- The Tax Identification Number (TIN) is an unique identifier that is issued by Egypt Revenues to a taxpayer. The TIN will be unique for each individual and will be used by the taxpayer each time they do business with Revenue:
- According to laws, tax payer’s ID number and TIN and tax clearance document are vital documents required for many purposes in Ethiopia. If you’re a civil servant or businessperson, you require the taxpayer’s identification number as the majority of transactions in Ethiopia must be based on having an authentic tax identification number.
- Tax returns for income that are filed annually
- Annual summaries for filing (persons who are required to deduct tax at the source)
- All tax types must be paid.
- Demanding that goods clear customs officers at points of entry
Information that can be useful
- Aoolicants bio data
- Identification card number
- Address of residence
- The income bracket
- Income sources to ensure that you have the right income sources to set up your account.
- Business activity
other purposes for the document/certificate
- Anyone who applies for an authorization to operate an occupation or business will be required to provide their TIN.
Egyptian Tax Authority : Click here
Guide to registration of Egyptian tax authority: Guide
In Egypt, the tax season Egypt begins in January and runs through December. You must complete your tax return either in person, or by mail, to your Tax Administration Office in your local area by the 1st day of April in the next tax year. The payment must be made within the same day, in the event of validation the tax returns.