Apply For Obtain an Egyptian Passport in Egypt By Yourself
- To get an Egyptian Passport, the applicant has to go to the Minister of Interior’s Travel Documents, Immigration and Nationality Administration (TDINA) or the Egyptian Consulate: Link
- Also , refer to the addresses under the “Office Locations and Contacts” section of this process.
- The applicant should apply with your Original Egyptian National ID or Original Birth Certificate.
- The applicant has to complete the application form and send it along with the documents listed within the “Required Documents” section of the procedure.
- The applicant is required to pay the fees as specified within the “Fees” section of this process.
- The application of the applicant will be reviewed and approved by the relevant authority and/or Egyptian Consulate.
- It will then be processed within the processing time. The applicant has to visit the TDINA office to get the passport.
- Military status – Only for men only (if not listed on the your current passport) Note that the Original Military Exemption is required when applying for lost passport.)
- For female applicants For female applicants – isn’t indicated in the back of your National ID, please submit an original copy from your Egyptian marital certificate.
Apply by mail:
- For an application to obtain an Egyptian passport by mail, applicants must complete and sign the application form in front of a notary public, who is addressed to the consulate.
- See the “Office Locations and Contacts” area of the process for more information on the same.
- The applicant has to send all documents needed for the procedure.
- See in the “Required documents” Section of this process for more information.
- In the event that military service isn’t included in the current document, then the person applying will be required to provide the Military Exemption that was originally granted in the event of seeking lost passport.
- The marital situation of female applicants isn’t mentioned on the ID cards of nationality, they will be legally required to provide an Egyptian Marriage Certificate for verification.
- The applicant is required to pay the necessary fees as stated within the “Fees” section of this application.
- The applicant should also send an envelope for return that has been pre-paid in order to receive a new passport along with other papers.
- The applicant must submit all the documents listed above and an application form along with contact details.
- The Consulate will verify and approve the application. The applicant will then receive the passport within the specified processing time.
Required Documents For Obtain an Egyptian Passport
- Egyptian Identification card of the National Identity
- Computerized birth certificate
- 4 recent passport size personal photographs (white background).
- Original passport, current passport or expired passport.
Documents needed to applying via mail:
- Original Egyptian Passport
- Original Egyptian National ID or Egyptian Birth Certificate.
- Four recent photos from my personal collection (4 with white backgrounds).
- The current passport or the expired passport.
Office Locations and Contacts
The Ministry of Internal’s Travel Documents, Immigration and Nationality Administration (TDINA)
U.S. Embassy located in EgyptU.S. Embassy Cairo
5 Tawfik Diab Street
Garden City, Cairo
Telephone: (20-2) 2797 3300
Fax: (20-2) 2797 3200
Contact link: Link
AMBASY OF INDIA
5, Aziz Abaza Street, Zamalek, Cairo
Tel. No. (+202) 2736-0052 / 2736-3051
Fax No. (+202) 2736-4038
Contact Link: Link
Ministry of Interior
Address: First Settlement – New Cairo
Post number. :11641
Tel: 24060785 – 24060786 – 24060787 – 24060788 – 24060789
E-mail: email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com
Contact Link: Link
Consulate General in Egypt is located in Mumbai
101 Benhur Apartments
32, Narayan Dabholkar Road
Navshanti Nagar, Malabar Hill
Mumbai, Maharashtra 400006
Phone: 022 2367 6407, 022 2367 6422
Contact link: Link
What are all the Eligibility
- Egyptian national ID cards are required or a birth certificate that is computerized for people who are not yet of 16.
- Students must provide evidence of their enrollment at time of applying.
- Certain categories of applicants, particularly first-time applicants that do not qualify as pensioners or students must pay an assurance when they apply.
- People who have an established background with frequent traveling are exempt from this condition.
- Costs start at 170USD for brand new Passports 220 USD for passports that have been stolen or lost.
- The passport has seven years of validity for applicants who use your Egyptian National ID.
The passport issued with a validity of one year from the date of issue when you apply with the Egyptian birth certificate. Certificate.
The processing time is between 3 and 4 months.
- Photo of passport holder
- The document’s type includes “P” which stands for “passport”Type [of document]
- Code [of the country that issued it that refers to “EGY” to mean “Arab Egyptian Republic”Code [of the country of issue, “EGY” for “Arab Republic of Egypt
- Passport No.
- Full Name
- Date of Birth
- The place of birth
- Date of Issue
- Date of Expiry
- Issuing Office
- National ID number (in Arabic)
- The name of the husband and nationality (in Arabic)-married women only
- The Military Status (in Arabic)-males only
- Address (in Arabic)
- Machine Readable Zone
- Barcode PDF417 (encodes the machine-readable code, plus the passport serial number plus the number of the office that issued it)
- No signature is required
The Document is required
- Egyptian passports have been issued to citizens of Egypt for traveling internationally. Apart from serving as a evidence that proves Egyptian nationality, these passports also facilitate the process of seeking help by Egyptian consular officials overseas when needed.