Apply For Obtaining Government Land or Lots in Dominica
- The applicant should send the filled-in request form at Housing Division. Housing Division.
- The clerk registers the applications into a database and in the computer, according to the Government Housing Scheme
which is where the majority of applications are made.
- The list of applicants and applications are sent at the Houses and Lands Allocations Committee.
- Recommendations of the Houses and Lands Allocations Committee are sent for consideration by the Minister.
- The Minister makes proposals to the Cabinet to be approved by the Cabinet.
- Cabinet Decisions that have been approved with lots are then sent directly to the Housing Division for preparation of Allocation Letters.
- The letters of allocation are prepared and delivered to the Minister to sign.
- Letters signed by the signer are delivered at the Housing Division.
- The Division will then mail the Allocation Letters directly to the applicants who have been approved.
- If they are approved, applicants are shown the lots allocated to them.
- The lot is paid for at the Housing Division and survey fees are due through the Lands and Surveys Division.
- Plans are sought through the Lands and Surveys Division by the Housing Division.
- The Housing Division receives the plans. Housing Division are sent to solicitors, or they are collected by the Housing Division by the respective individuals
- Individuals are required to submit the plans of their lawyer to process their title. This will require the payment of a 7.5 percent transfer from the Government Fee of the value of the land , plus fees of the solicitor.
- Memorandums of Transfer (MOTs) are provided by solicitors to Housing Division.
- Housing Division verifies the typed information on the Memorandum of Transfer (MOT) and makes sure that all pertinent documents are included. Then, the Housing Division forwards the MOTs in one batch and to the Ministry of Tourism and Legal Affairs for transfer to the office of His Excellence the President.
- The MOTs that have been signed are returned at the Housing Division through the Ministry of Tourism and Legal Affairs.
- Housing Division then sends MOTs to solicitors of the respective firms for them to begin the process of obtaining the Certificate of Title (COT)
- The following are contact details which may be of assistance.
- Housing Division
- Goodwill Road
- Tel: (767) 266 3740
- Fax: (767) 448 7512
- E-mail: email@example.com
Office Locations and Contacts
Housing DivisionGoodwill Road
Tel: (767) 266 3740
Fax: (767) 448 7512
The document is needed
This process provides you with the details on how to apply for or getting the government lot in Dominica.