Apply for Petroleum Exploration License In Uganda By Yourself
- In order to apply for a license to explore petroleum in Uganda the applicant must make contact with the ministry of energy and mineral Development.Visit their website by clicking on the following Link
- Anyone who has discovered of petroleum within the area of exploration has the exclusive right to bid for the granting an oil production licence over any block in the area that has, after an appraisal, been found to contain the petroleum reservoir or a portion of a reservoir for oil.
- Licenses to explore petroleum can be sought by bidding, after an announcement by the Minister of areas that are bidding open or, in certain situations, directly applying to the Minister pursuant to Section 53 under the Act
- The law requires that applications for an exploration license be submitted to the Minister who must within 60 days, confirm the accuracy on the request. Licenses must be processed quickly and, in all cases, within 180 days. Also, ensure that your company’s registration is in Uganda.
- The company should seek investment approval from Uganda Investment Authority.
- Also, obtain the Tax ID Number and tax clearance from the Uganda Revenue Authority.
- The applicant should get in touch with the department’s chief of petroleum supply to determine should you pay an amount for the cost of experts’ expenses.
- The applications forms are available at the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development.
- Make sure that you have all the necessary documents that are listed in the Required Documents section on this page.
- Request pay slips at the Department of Petroleum Supply. Also, pay the application fee for an exploration permits as you might be instructed.
- A statement on the environmental impact of your project must be obtained for your project to allow for further consideration.
- The applicant must take necessary insurance policies to safeguard against potential liabilities due to activities conducted pursuant to the petroleum exploration license.
- The authorities will confirm the documents they have submitted, and examine the facilities and site which will be used for the project. If they’re satisfied with documentation and the facilities, the permit will be granted.
- The term of a Exploration license for petroleum is two years. It can be renewed two times for the same time period.
- The Minister, in concert with the Authority and subject to the approval of Cabinet, upon an application that is properly submitted the Minister may grant a license, subject to the conditions the Minister may decide, a petroleum exploration license for the use to any blocks or block.
- A license to explore petroleum should not be granted for the use of a block part of the license that has already been granted.
Note: The petroleum exploration permit must be able to state
- date of the grant of the license
- an exploration zone that the license is a part of,
- and the conditions under which the and the conditions under which the license and the conditions under which the license is and the terms under which the license is.
Required Documents For Apply for Petroleum Exploration License
- A declaration that outlines the applicant’s proposals in relation to the training and employment for citizens from Uganda and can be a statement of any other topic that the applicant wants the Minister to look into.
- A document that outlines the specifics of work undertaken and the minimal cost of any block of the limit for which license is sought.
- Fiscal Production Sharing Agreement with Government of Uganda.
- If it is an entity corporate, its name , place of incorporation, names and nationality of its directors or equivalent officers , and in the event that the body with share capital the name of any individual who holds the title of beneficial ownership for more than 5 percent of the capital of the shares issued.
- Information on the financial situation as well as the technical and industrial expertise and experience of the candidate.
- The applicant should arrange in a manner that is satisfactory to the Minister regarding the signing of a bond or other type of security in exchange for the fulfillment and observance of any conditions or conditions that the licence might be to be.
Office Locations and Contacts
- Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development
- Phone: +256 414 320714
- Physical address: Plot 21-29 Johnston Road
- Mailing Address P.O. Box 9, Entebbe, Uganda
- Email Address: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: link
- All other stakeholders and companies that wish to investigate oil and gas-related services in Uganda.
- Anyone who is conducting petroleum exploration can apply to be granted this permit.
- Any business that is qualified according to the terms and conditions that are prescribed periodically by pertinent Institutions can request the award or grant of a lease, license or contract, as the situation may be, for development and exploration of oil to management of petroleum resources. Management of Petroleum Resources
The cost of a license required for this permit are $20,000 USD.
- The License is valid for two years
- The Processing Time Maximum is 60-180 days
- The applicants must show up in person.
- Applicant may be subject to future assessment by the division or department
- The company that fails to renew their license for more than 3 consecutively have their permit considered to be brand new.
- Name, address, and nationality of applicant. (If you are a body corporate, please include the corporate name, the registered office address, and the place the incorporation took place).
- Tax Identification Number/VAT Registration Certificate.
- The status of ownership for a corporation (sole proprietorship partnership, partnership, unincorporated business or incorporated private/public corporation, association or co-operative)
- When the corporate body is registered outside of Uganda the proof of establishment of its business in Uganda and registration as a foreign corporation in accordance with.
- The proposed location for the project (District County, Sub village, parish, county and village)
- Dimensions of Plot (in Hectares) on which the facility is planned to be built.
- Date for the start of construction.
- Estimated date of completion for the project.
- Name,address and qualifications of the potential principle contractors and supervisors to be employed for the project or company to undertake the construction/modification.
- A proof of or commitment to insurance to protect against third-party liability and any other construction-related liabilities.
- The description of the plan as well as the amount of capital investment, backed by an Bank Reference Letter.
- Description of safety programs equipment, plans and procedures to protect health and safety in the workplace industrial safety and the environmental protection during construction operations and plans of contingency for natural disasters, accidents and other emergencies.
- Other information that is pertinent to this application
The Document is required
- To allow the person who discovered petroleum within their exploration area to obtain the exclusive rights to explore the petroleum, you must apply by bidding to be granted the petroleum extraction licence.
- This is done to guarantee that there are safety standards in place and also to regulate the exploration of oil in the region. The Ministry of Energy and mineral development demands that anyone who wants to conduct explorations in petroleum spirits must apply for a permit.