Apply for Petroleum Export License or Permit In Uganda By Online
- To get an export permit for petroleum or license to export petroleum in Uganda applicants must get in touch with to the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development.
- Check that the company has been registered with the government of Uganda.
- The company should seek investment approval from Uganda Investment Authority.
- Also, obtain an Tax Clearance and Tax Identification number from the Uganda Revenue Authority.
- The applicant should get in touch with the department’s commissioner of petroleum supply to confirm should you pay the cost of expert experts’ fees in advance.
- The applications forms are available at the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development.
- Make sure that you have all relevant documents listed in the Required Documents section of this page.
- Pay slips are available by contacting the department of petroleum supply. You will also need to pay the application fee according to the guidelines you are given.
- A statement on the environmental impact of your project must be obtained for the project prior to further consideration.
- The applicant should take the necessary insurance coverage to guard against any liabilities that could arise due to activities conducted pursuant to the petroleum exploration license.
- The authorities will verify the documents submitted . They will also look over the facility and the location that will be used in this project. If they’re satisfied with documentation and facilities , the permit will be granted.
This link gives National Oil and Gas Policy document: National Oil and Gas Policy for UgandaFollowing document describes the process of the exploration and development of petroleum for Uganda : Petroleum Exploration and Development Information document
This document gives information about Petroleum Refining, Conversion, Transmission and information about mainstream Storage : Petroleum Refining, Conversion, Transmission and mainstream Storage details
Required Documents For Apply for Petroleum Export License or Permit
- A document that details the applicant’s plans with regard to the training and employment that citizens in Uganda and can be a statement of any other topic that the applicant would like the Minister to take into consideration.
- A declaration describing the details of work undertaken and the minimal cost of each block of which license is sought.
- Fiscal Production Sharing Agreement with Government of Uganda.
- If it is an entity corporate, its name , location of incorporation, the names and nationalities of the directors or equivalent officers , and when the body with share capital the name of the person with the title of beneficial proprietor of over 5 percent of the issued capital shares.
- Information about the financial condition as well as the industrial and technical skills and knowledge of the candidate.
- The applicant should take arrangements that are acceptable to the Minister in the performance of a security bond or any other type of security in exchange for the performance and compliance with any conditions or conditions that the license might be to be.
Office Locations and Contacts
Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development
Phone: +256 414 320714
Physical address: Plot 21-29 Johnston Road
Address for Postal Delivery: P.O. Box 9, Entebbe, Uganda
Email Address: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Operating hours: Monday to Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm (excluding public holidays and weekends)
- Anyone who applies for any of the petroleum operating licences above must be a corporation corporate.
- A company that is licensed in Uganda.
Examples of Documents
This link will provide a an example contract documents : Sample Contract Document
The Information You Need
- Name, address, and the country of residence of the applicant. (If corporation, include the name of the corporation, its registered office address and date the incorporation took place).
- Tax Identification Number/VAT Registration Certificate.
- Status of ownership as a corporate entity (sole proprietorship partnership, partnership, unincorporated business or incorporated private/public corporation associative or co-operative)
- In the event that the corporation is formed outside of Uganda it must provide proof of its business in Uganda and registration as a foreign corporation in accordance with.
- Proposed site of the project (District county, parish, sub village, parish, county and village)
- The size of the Plot (in Hectares) on which the facility will be built.
- The date for when construction is expected to begin construction.
- Estimated date for completion of the project.
- Name, address and qualifications of the potential principle contractors and supervisors to be employed for the project or company to undertake the construction/modification.
- The proof or the commitment of insurance to protect against third-party liability and any other construction-related liabilities.
- The description of the proposed project as well as the amount of investment capital that is supported by an Bank Reference Letter.
- Description of safety plans equipment, plans, and plans for protecting health and safety of workers, safety in the workplace and the environmental protection during construction operations and contingency plans in case of accidents, natural disasters, and emergencies.
- Other information that is important to be relevant for this particular application.
The Document is required
This guideline provides you with information on applying to obtain a petroleum export licence and permit for Uganda.