Apply for Petroleum Retail Distribution License or Permit In Uganda By Online
- To get a petroleum retail distribution license or permit in Uganda applicants must make contact with to the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development.
- Check that the company has been registered with the government of Uganda.
- The company should seek an investment certification from Uganda Investment Authority.
- Also, get the Tax ID Number and tax clearance from the Uganda Revenue Authority.
- The applicant should get in touch with the department’s chief of petroleum supply to confirm should you pay an amount for the cost of experts’ expenses.
- The applications forms are available at the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development.
- Make sure that you have all relevant documents listed in the section of Required Documents of this page.
- Request pay slips at the Department of Petroleum Supply. Also, pay the application fee according to the guidelines you are given.
- An environmental impact assessment report must be obtained for your project to allow for further consideration.
- The applicant must take necessary insurance coverage to guard against potential liabilities due to actions carried out pursuant to the petroleum exploration license.
- The authorities will verify the documents submitted . They will also examine the facilities and site which are to be used in this project. If they’re satisfied with documentation and the facilities, the permit will be granted.
This link gives National Oil and Gas Policy document: National Oil and Gas Policy for UgandaFollowing document provides information on exploration and development of the petroleum industry within Uganda : Petroleum Exploration and Development Information document
The following document contains information on Petroleum Refining, Conversion, Transmission and general Storage information : Petroleum Refining, Conversion, Transmission and mainstream Storage details
Required Documents For Apply for Petroleum Retail Distribution License or Permit
- A declaration that outlines the applicant’s proposals in relation to the education and employment that citizens in Uganda and can be a statement of any other topic that the applicant wants the Minister to look into.
- A document that outlines the specifics of work undertaken and the minimal amount of money that is proposed for any block in which license is sought.
- Fiscal Production Sharing Agreement with Government of Uganda.
- If it is an entity corporate, its name , place of incorporation, names and nationalities of the officers, directors and equivalent officers and in the event that the body is a share-holding company or shares, the name of the person that is the owner beneficially of greater than 5 percent of the shares capital that are issued.
- Information about the financial situation as well as the industrial and technical skills and knowledge of the candidate.
- The applicant must arrange in a manner that is acceptable to the Minister in the performance of a security bond or other type of security to guarantee the performance and compliance with any conditions or conditions that the license might be to be.
Office Locations and Contacts
Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development
Phone: +256 414 320714
Physical address: Plot 21-29 Johnston Road
Mailing Address P.O. Box 9, Entebbe, Uganda
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Operating hours: Monday to Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm (excluding the public holidays and weekends)
- Anyone who applies for any of the petroleum operating licences above must be a body corporate.
- A company has been licensed in Uganda.
Amount: 20,000 USD
The following link gives a the following sample contract documents : Sample Contract Document
The Information You Need
- Name address, address, and nationality of the person applying. (If you are a body corporate, please include the corporate name, the registered office address, and the place the incorporation took place).
- Tax Identification Number/VAT Registration Certificate.
- Status of ownership as a corporate entity (sole proprietorship partnership, unincorporated business or incorporated private/public corporation associative or co-operative)
- In the event that the corporation is formed outside of Uganda it must provide proof of its business in Uganda and the registration of the company as a foreign one in accordance with.
- The proposed location for the project (District county, parish, sub parish, village and county)
- The size of the Plot (in Hectares) on the property where the facility will be built.
- The date for when construction is expected to begin construction.
- Estimated date of completion for the project.
- Name, address and qualifications of the potential principle contractors and supervisors to be employed for the project or company to undertake the construction/modification.
- A proof of or commitment to insurance coverage to guard against third party liability and any other construction-related liabilities.
- A description of the plan as well as the amount of investment capital which is backed by an Bank Reference Letter.
- Description of safety plans equipment, plans and procedures for protecting health and safety of workers and safety in the workplace, as well as the environmental in the course of regular construction work and contingency plans in case of accidents, natural disasters and emergency situations.
- Other information that is important to be relevant for this particular application.
Need to have the Document
This document provides you with details on how to apply for an oil retail distribution license and permit for Uganda.