Apply for Petroleum Sales License or Permit In Uganda By Online
- To get a petroleum sales permit , or license in Uganda applicants must make contact with to the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development.
- Check that the company has been registered with the government of Uganda.
- The company should seek an investment certificate from Uganda Investment Authority.
- Also, obtain the Tax ID Number and tax clearance from the Uganda Revenue Authority.
- The applicant should get in touch with the department’s commissioner of petroleum supply, in order to confirm is it necessary to pay a the cost of expert experts’ fees in advance.
- The application forms are available at the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development.
- Also, ensure that you have all relevant documents listed in the Required Documents section on this page.
- Pay slips are available by contacting the department of petroleum supply. You will also need to pay the application fee as per the instructions you receive.
- A statement on the environmental impact of your project is required for the project prior to further consideration.
- The applicant should take the necessary insurance policies to safeguard against any liabilities that could arise from actions carried out in accordance with the petroleum exploration permit.
- The authorities will confirm the documents submitted . They will also examine the facilities and site that will be used in this project. If they’re happy with documentation and facilities , the permit will be approved.
The following link will provide National Oil and Gas Policy document: National Oil and Gas Policy for UgandaFollowing document provides information on the development and exploration of petroleum within Uganda : Petroleum Exploration and Development Information document
This document gives information about Petroleum Refining, Conversion, Transmission and information about mainstream Storage : Petroleum Refining, Conversion, Transmission and mainstream Storage details
Required Documents For Apply for Petroleum Sales License or Permit
- A document that details the applicant’s plans with regard to the education and employment that citizens in Uganda and could include any other issue that the applicant wants the Minister to look into.
- A document that outlines the specifics of the work performed and the minimum cost of each block of which license is sought.
- Fiscal Production Sharing Agreement with Government of Uganda.
- If it is the body corporate, the name and location of incorporation, names and nationalities of the directors or equivalent officers , and when the body with share capital or shares, the name of the person with the title of beneficial proprietor of over five percent of capital of the shares issued.
- Information about the financial condition and the industrial and technical skills and knowledge of the candidate.
- The applicant must arrange in a manner that is acceptable to the Minister in the performance of a security bond or other type of security in exchange for the performance and respect of those conditions under which the licence could be to be.
Office Locations and Contacts
Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development
Phone: +256 414 320714
Physical address: Plot 21-29 Johnston Road
The address for the postal envelope is P.O. Box 9, Entebbe, Uganda
Email Address: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Operating hours: Monday to Friday, from 8:00am to 5:00pm (excluding the public holiday and weekends)
- Anyone applying to any of the operating permits for petroleum above must be a corporation corporate.
- A company has been legally registered by Uganda.
Amount: 20,000 USD
Examples of Documents
This link will provide a an example contract documents : Sample Contract Document
The Information You Need
- Name, address, and the nationality of the person applying. (If corporation, give the name of the corporation, its registered office address and date where it was incorporated).
- Tax Identification Number or VAT Registration Certificate.
- The status of ownership for a corporation (sole proprietorship partnership, partnership, unincorporated business or incorporated private/public corporation associative or co-operative)
- When the corporate body is registered outside of Uganda the proof of establishment of the business location in Uganda and registration as a foreign corporation as per.
- Proposed site of the project (District county, parish, sub parish, county and village)
- Dimensions of Plot (in Hectares) on which the facility is planned to be built.
- The date for when construction is expected to begin construction.
- Estimated date of completion for the project.
- Name, address and qualifications of the potential principle contractors and supervisors to be employed for the project or company to undertake the construction/modification.
- The proof or the commitment of insurance to protect against third party liability and any other construction-related liabilities.
- A description of the plan as well as the amount of capital investment, that is supported by an Bank Reference Letter.
- Description of safety plans equipment, plans and procedures to safeguard health and safety of workers and safety in the workplace, as well as the environmental during normal construction operations and contingency plans in case of accidents, natural disasters , and emergencies.
- Other information that is important to be relevant for this particular application.
The Document is required
This guideline provides information on applying an oil sales licence or permit to operate in Uganda.