Apply for Petroleum Storage License or Permit In Uganda By Online
- To get a permit for storage of petroleum or a permit in Uganda applicants must make contact with to the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development.
- Make sure that the business can be registered within Uganda.
- The Company must obtain an investment certification from Uganda Investment Authority.
- Also, obtain the Tax ID Number and tax clearance from the Uganda Revenue Authority.
- The applicant must make contact with the department’s chief of petroleum supply to find out should you pay an amount for the cost of experts’ expenses.
- The applications forms are available at the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development.
- Make sure that you have all relevant documents listed under the section Required Documents on this page.
- Pay slips are available by contacting the department of petroleum supply. You will also need to pay the fee to apply for a license as per the instructions you receive.
- An environmental impact assessment report is required for the project prior to further consideration.
- The applicant should take the necessary insurance policies to safeguard against any liabilities that could arise from activities conducted pursuant to the petroleum exploration license.
- The authorities will confirm the documents submitted . They will also look over the facility and the location which are to be used in this project. If they’re happy with documentation and facilities , the permit will be granted.
The following link will provide National Oil and Gas Policy document: National Oil and Gas Policy for UgandaFollowing document provides information on the exploration and development of petroleum for Uganda : Petroleum Exploration and Development document of information
This document gives information about Petroleum Refining, Conversion, Transmission and general Storage information : Petroleum Refining, Conversion, Transmission and mainstream Storage details
Required Documents For Apply for Petroleum Storage License or Permit
- A document that details the applicant’s proposals in relation to the education and employment that citizens in Uganda and can be a statement of any other topic that the applicant wants the Minister to take into consideration.
- A declaration describing the details of the work performed and the minimum cost of any block of which the license is sought.
- Fiscal Production Sharing Agreement with Government of Uganda.
- If it is an entity corporate, the name and place of incorporation, names and nationalities of the officers, directors and equivalent officers and when the body with share capital or shares, the name of the person that is the owner beneficially of greater than 5 percent of the capital of the shares issued.
- Information about the financial condition and the industrial and technical expertise and experience of the candidate.
- The applicant should arrange in a manner that is satisfactory to the Minister regarding the execution of a bailment or any other type of security to guarantee the performance and compliance with those conditions under which the licence could be to be.
Office Locations and Contacts
Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development
Phone: +256 414 320714
Physical address: Plot 21-29 Johnston Road
The address for the postal envelope is P.O. Box 9, Entebbe, Uganda
Email Address: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Operating Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm (excluding the public holidays and weekends)
- Anyone who applies for one of the operating licenses for petroleum above must be a body corporate.
- A company has been legally registered by Uganda.
Amount: 20,000 USD
Examples of Documents
This link will provide a an example contract documents : Sample Contract Document
- Name address, address, and nationality of the person applying. (If corporation, give the name of the corporation, its registered office address and date the incorporation took place).
- Tax Identification Number/VAT Registration Certificate.
- Status of ownership as a corporate entity (sole proprietorship partnership, unincorporated business an incorporated private/public business association, or co-operative)
- When the corporate body is registered outside of Uganda it must provide proof of its business in Uganda and registration as a foreign corporation as per.
- Proposed site of the project (District county, parish, sub village, county, parish, and village)
- Dimensions of Plot (in Hectares) on the property where the facility is planned to be built.
- Date for the start of construction.
- Estimated date for completion of the project.
- Name, address and qualifications of the potential principle contractors and supervisors to be employed for the project or company to undertake the construction/modification.
- A proof of or commitment to insurance coverage to guard against third party liability and any other construction-related liabilities.
- The description of the proposed project as well as the amount of investment capital which is backed by the Bank Reference Letter.
- Description of safety programs Equipment and strategies to protect of occupational health as well as the environment during normal construction operations and contingency plans in case of accidents, natural disasters, and emergencies.
- Any other additional information considered relevant to this application.Advertisement
Documentation is needed
This guideline provides details on how to apply to obtain a storage licence and permit to be issued in Uganda.