Apply for Petroleum Transport License or Permit In Uganda By Online
- To get a petroleum transportation license or permit in Uganda applicants must make contact with for assistance from the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development.
- Check that the company has been registered with the government of Uganda.
- The Company must obtain an investment certificate from the Uganda Investment Authority.
- Also, get an Tax Clearance and Tax Identification number from the Uganda Revenue Authority.
- The applicant must make contact with the department’s commissioner of petroleum supply to find out should you pay the cost of expert experts’ fees in advance.
- The application forms are available at the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development.
- Also, ensure that you have all relevant documents listed in the section of Required Documents of this page.
- Pay slips are available at the Department of Petroleum Supply. Also, pay the fee to apply for a license according to the guidelines you are given.
- An environmental impact assessment report must be obtained for the project prior to further consideration.
- The applicant should take the necessary insurance policies to safeguard against any liabilities that could arise from activities conducted in accordance with the petroleum exploration permit.
- The authorities will confirm the documents submitted . They will also examine the facilities and site which will be used for the project. If they’re satisfied with documentation and the facilities, the permit will be granted.
The following link will provide National Oil and Gas Policy document: National Oil and Gas Policy for UgandaFollowing document provides information on exploration and development in petroleum within Uganda : Petroleum Exploration and Development Information document
This document gives information about Petroleum Refining, Conversion, Transmission and information about mainstream Storage : Petroleum Refining, Conversion, Transmission and mainstream Storage details
Required Documents For Apply for Petroleum Transport License or Permit
- A declaration that outlines the applicant’s proposals in relation to the education and employment for citizens from Uganda and could include any other issue that the applicant would like the Minister to look into.
- A declaration describing the details of the work performed and the minimum cost of each block of which license is sought.
- Fiscal Production Sharing Agreement with Government of Uganda.
- If it is the body corporate, the name and location of incorporation, the names and nationalities of its officers or directors equivalent to them and in the event that the body is a share-holding company the name of any one who owns more than five percent of capital of the shares issued.
- Information about the financial condition as well as the industrial and technical expertise and experience of the candidate.
- The applicant should take arrangements that are acceptable to the Minister for the performance of a security bond or any other type of security in exchange for the compliance and respect of any conditions or conditions that the license might be to be.
Office Locations and Contacts
Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development
Phone: +256 414 320714
Physical address: Plot 21-29 Johnston Road
Address for Postal Delivery: P.O. Box 9, Entebbe, Uganda
Email Address: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Operating hours: Monday through Friday, from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm (excluding the public holidays and weekends)
- Anyone applying for one of the operating licenses for petroleum above must be a corporation corporate.
- A company that is legally registered by Uganda.
Amount: 20,000 USD
The following link gives a an example contract documents : Sample Contract Document
- Name address, address, and the nationality of the person applying. (If you are a body corporate, please give the name of the corporation, its address of registered office and the place where it was incorporated).
- Tax Identification Number/VAT Registration Certificate.
- The status of ownership for a corporation (sole proprietorship partnership, partnership, unincorporated business an incorporated private or public company associative or co-operative)
- When the corporate body is registered outside of Uganda the proof of establishment of the business location in Uganda and registration as a foreign corporation as per.
- Proposed site of the project (District County, Sub village, parish and county)
- The size of the Plot (in Hectares) on which the facility will be built.
- The date for when construction is expected to begin construction.
- Estimated date for completion of the project.
- Name, address and qualifications of the potential principle contractors and supervisors to be employed for the project or company to undertake the construction/modification.
- A proof of or commitment to insurance coverage to guard against third party liability and any other construction-related liabilities.
- The description of the proposed project as well as the amount of capital investment that is backed by an Bank Reference Letter.
- Description of safety plans equipment, plans and procedures for protecting health and safety of workers and safety in the workplace, as well as the environmental during normal construction operations and contingency plans in case of accidents, natural disasters, and emergencies.
- Additional information pertinent to the application.
The Document is required
This document provides details on how to apply for a petroleum transportation import permit or license in Uganda.