Apply for Private Pilot License In Uganda By Online
- To apply for the Private Pilot Licence (PPL) you must fill out and submit the application form “Form PEL002”. This form is available at the Uganda Civil Aviation. Authority office in Entebbe or downloading it via their UCAA Website: UCAA Website
- After filling in the application documents required , send documents to UCAA office. You can also forward them to office at:
- Director General
- Uganda Civil Aviation Authority,
- P. O. Box 5536
- Kampala, Uganda.
- You must provide the application forms along together with all the documents required. The required documents are:
- (i). Aeronautical Experience Form that shows the breakdown of required flight hours.
- (ii). Summary of flight experience form
- (iii). Application form to apply for English Language Proficiency endorsement
- (iv). A medical Certificate Class 2
- (v). Four passport size photos (v.) Four passport size photographs – full faces (2cm to 2.5cm);
- (vi). Photo Identification Card or passport or birth certificate, and a copy of the identical
- (vii). Certified copies of the latest two pages of your personal logbook.
- Additionally, you are required to pay the application fee and then submit the receipt of payment to the applicant along with the documents.
- Application fees of Ugshs. The fee is 40,000 for applicants under 40 and Ugshs. For those over 40 years old.
- A processing period that is 14 days required to process your Private Pilot Licence (PPL) After which you will receive telephone to pick up your new license at the UCAA office.
- You’ll be required to have your ID documents at the time you collect you new driver’s license.
Required Documents For Apply for Private Pilot License
- Completed PPL the prescribed forms for application is as follows:
- PPL Application Form; Form: O-PEL002.
- Aeronautical Experience Form showing the number of hours the applicant must have.
- Summary of flight experience form
- Form to apply for English Language Proficiency endorsement.
- Valid Medical Certificate Class 2.
- Four photos are required – complete frontal (2cm to 2.5cm).
- Show a photo ID card or Passport, Birth Certificate, and A photocopy of the identical.
- The certified copies of the last two pages of the personal logbook. These pages reflect the most recent flight experience that has been certified by the supervisor of the pilot who will confirm the pertinent logbook entries after confirming his signature and the license number.
- The prescribed fee to pay: Ugshs. 40% for people who are under 40 years old and Ugshs. 25k for those over 40 years old.
Office Locations and Contacts
Uganda Civil Aviation AuthorityAirport Road-Entebbe,
P.O.Box 5536 Kampala, Uganda
+256 312 352 000/041-320964
Telex 61508: CAA U
- At least 17 years old to get any license that is not for the use of a glider or balloon.
- You must be at least 16 years old to get the issuance of a certificate for a glider or balloon.
- You must have an active class 2 medical certification.
- Accreditation of the knowledge exam that is in the logbook of the student pilot’s by an instructor with a valid license who:is
- Conducting the training on essential aeronautical knowledge areas relevant to the category of aircraft desired and
- Certified that the person has been well-prepared for the knowledge test.
- You must pass the PPL knowledge test.
- You must meet the requirements of aeronautical expertise for the category of aircraft and class rating desired prior to submitting the test. The required hours are defined on the PPL Aeronautical Experience Form (Form O-PEL002).
- Learn to fly and receive an endorsement for your logbook with an instructor who is a licensed instructor—
- Training was conducted in the necessary zones of operation for the certification sought.
- Certified that the individual is ready for the test.
- This is a sign students that they are prepared for the PPL Practical test as well as GFT (General flight Test)
- Achieve a pass on a test of practical proficiency PPL (GFT) conducted by an approved examiner.
- You can pass The English Language Proficiency Exam with either of the following outcomes.
- Operating Niveau (Level 4.) The validity is 3 years i.e. is recommended to be assessed each 3 years.
- Extra Niveau (Level 5,) Extended Level (Level 5) is valid for six years
- Professional Niveau (Level 6,) Valid for life
- The pilot must have not under 40 hours flying time as a pilot on aeroplanes. 5 hours of flight time could be completed using the form of a flight simulator made from synthetic materials.
- A fee of Ugshs. The fee is 40,000 for applicants under 40 years old and Ugshs. For those over 40 years old
An Private Pilot Licence with an aeroplane or rotorcraft (helicopter) category rating will be valid for:
- (i). A person who is not forty years of age beginning from the day the licence has been issued, or renewed by the Authority for the remaining period of the twenty-four months of validity of the Holder’s Medical Certificate or
- (ii). for holders who are 40 years old or older, starting as of the date that the licence was issued by or renewed with the authorities for the remainder of the 12 months of validity for the Holder’s Medical Certificate.
- A medical fitness certificate required for an Private Pilot Licence is valid for 24 months for pilots who are under 40 years of age and twelve months to pilots who are over 40 years old.
It takes two weeks.
The applicant should:
- Fill out your PPL required application forms.
- Fill out the flight experience summary form.
- Submit your Class 2 Medical Certificate with the other required documents to the UCAA office.
- Pay the fees applicable and then submit the receipt for payment.
- You must wait for the processing time to end, and then take possession of your PPL license.
- Full names
- Physical address and postal address
- Birth date and location
- Description of Aviation Training Organisation where you received instruction
- Information about licences that are already in force (Place and Date of Issue, Type of Licence, Number , and Expiry Date )
- Categorization, Classification, and/or the type of aircraft (if required) to that for which you need the Licence must be obtained.
- Instrument Rating held and indicate date of the test that was completed.
- All hours of instrument flight
- Hours flown (Totals to date and Totals since renewal Totals for the last six months)
- Co-pilot details
- Have you yet been examined medical examination and have obtained a medical certificate as per regulations of the Civil Aviation Regulations
- Are you able to write, read, or speak and comprehend the English language according to requirements of the English language proficiency standards in the Civil Aviation Regulations.
- If you’ve satisfied all requirements necessary for issue of this license
- Signing of the Applicant
- Date of application
The Document is required
- Private Pilot Certificate, also known as the Private Pilot Certificate, internationally called”the Private Pilot License (PPL) permits students to acquire the fundamental knowledge and abilities for future aircraft pilot training.
- If you are a private pilot you can fly an aircraft all day and at night (if one is equipped with the Night Rating) in clear flight conditions. You can also transport passengers (friends or family members, colleagues etc. ).
- You are not able to fly with pay compensation or for hire.
- The PPL is the foundation course that will lead you to commercial pilot’s license.
Information that could be helpful
- Show a photo ID or Passport to prove identity, the information of which must match the personal details on the form for application If the applicant’s identity is not confirmed your application may be denied as well as the candidate will need to show the correct identity proof.
Other uses for the document/certificate
- This license is part of the prerequisites when applying for the Commercial Pilot license.