Apply For Register a Business Name in Dominica
- Send a letter directly to Registrar of Companies requesting registration of the Business Name. You can take to write the Business Name Application Letter sample that is provided to help you.
- It is also necessary to file a A Statement of Particulars as well as a Statutory Deed in duplicate, on paper with a deed.
- Complete the registration form and then pay for the registration fee.
Required Documents For Register a Business Name
- A letter addressed to the Registrar of Companies requesting registration of the Business Name.
- A Statement of Particulars, as well as a Statutory Deed in two (2 copies per) printed on deed-paper.
- Stamp: EC $10.00 per proprietor.
Office Locations and Contacts
The Companies” Clerk
Companies as well as Intellectual Property Office
21 Kennedy Avenue
Commonwealth of Dominica
Telephone: (767) 266 3358
Fax: (767) 440 6593
The registration fee is EC $90.00 that is payable to the Registry.
Examples of Documents
- Business Name Application Letter http://dominica.gov.dm/images/documents/business_name_application_letter.pdf
- Business Name Statement of Particulars http://dominica.gov.dm/images/documents/business_name_statement_of_particulars.pdf
- Business Name Statutory Declaration http://dominica.gov.dm/images/documents/business_name_statutory_declaration.pdf
The application forms for registration of the business name are sent at the Companies and Intellectual Property Office.
The Document is required
A business or trade name is a term used by a business to trade commercial products or services. Businesses may also utilize its legal, registered name to enter into contracts, as well as for other official purposes.
Trade names are used by businesses mostly to advertise their products and services or to advertise their brands.
Information that can be useful
The Companies and Intellectual Property Office was created under Section II of the Patents Act, Act 8 of 1999 (PDF, 1.18 MB). CIPO CIPO serves as an official National Companies and Intellectual Property Registry for the Commonwealth of Dominica and is an Department that is part of the Ministry of Tourism and Legal Affairs.
The Office is charged with implementing legislation, registering , and maintaining records pertaining to Intellectual Property, Companies, Business Names and International Business Companies in Dominica.
The functions provided by Companies and Intellectual Property Office includes:
- Registering Intellectual Property
- The registration for International Business Companies
- Registration of local companies, Business Names and Non-Profit Companies
- Trade Name: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trade_name
- Government of the Commonwealth of Dominica, Web Portal: http://dominica.gov.dm/services/how-do-i-register-a-business-name
- Ministry of Tourism and Legal Affairs: http://tourism.gov.dm/about-us/departments/companies-and-intellectual-property-office