Apply For Register a Death in Dominican Republic
- Complete this request form.
- Fill out the form and attach the other documents required.
- Consular offices can deny an individual with the assistance he/she wanted, if consular staff are not convinced of the value for the individual, and should they believe that the service is detrimental to the interest of the Applicant or Consular Office. Consular Office .
Required Documents For Register a Death
- The Electoral Identity Card as well as the name of the deceased (if there is one).
- Dominican passports of deceased (if there is one).
- Dominican Birth certificate for the dead (if it is available).
- Death Certificate issued by the foreign institution which has confirmed the death.
- The cause of death that has been reported (if there is any).
- One witness.
Consular Offices might ask applicants to provide other documents.
Office Locations and Contacts
Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores
Avenida Independencia No.752
Estancia San Gernimo, Distrito Nacional,
Capital de la Repblica Dominicana.
- Central: 809.987.7001 / 535.6280
- RAI: 809.987.7019
- Legalization: 809.987.7638
- Consular: 809.987.7624
- RH: 809.987.7027
- Financial: 809.987.7111
- Administrative: 809.987.7089
- Protocol: 809.987.7031
What are all the Eligibility
Every death involving a resident from the Dominican Republic must be registered.
This service is for free.
The processing time can range from 10 to 2 hours in accordance with the importance of the request and the amount of prior requests being processed and the staff’s availability.
Dominican citizen or foreigner, or an institution legally represented can visit the consular office to sign an official Declaration of Death.
The Document is required
A Declaration of Death is the process through which consular offices receive notification about the passing of an Dominican citizen. The declaration will also be sent to of the Dominican civil register, registering the death in the registry regardless of the location where it occurred.
- Consular portal for the Dominican Republic: