How to Apply For Register as a Voter in Hong Kong

Apply For Register as a Voter in Hong Kong

Join as a geo-political elector for a particular constituency

Log in On-line

  • To register as a valid elector for a constituency, and also with an Election Committee subsector voter, click here

Complete one of the forms for application

Get the form via:

  • Downloading it on the internet
  • You can also get the form via email (call the hotline: 2891 1001)
  • In District Offices the management office of estates for public housing as well as from the Registration and Electoral Office.
  • For those who registered as an elector in the past you can’t be required to sign up to register again. Contact the Registration and Election Office (“REO”) hotline at 2891 1011 to verify whether the information on your register are correct or not.
  • If voters have incorrect details on their registration, their ability to vote could be affected. It is important to inform the REO any change to your address or other registration details in order that the REO will be able to correct your information.
  • A temporary register of electors will be made available to the public for inspection. Check the list to verify whether your personal information is correct on the registry of electors , or not. The public can protest, file claims , or request corrections on any entry in the register by filling in the form.

Required Documents For Register as a Voter

  • Application form completed
  • You might be asked to show your ID in the process of applying.

Office Locations and Contacts

The addresses of Registration and Electoral Offices:

10-F Harbour Centre25 Harbour Road
Wan Chai
Hong Kong

10/F Guardian House
32 Oi Kwan Road
Wan Chai
Hong Kong
Fax: 2891 1180

Registration as well as Electoral Office
10th floor, Harbour Centre
25 Harbour Road, Wan Chai
Hong Kong
Telephone number : (852) 2891 1001
Fax: (852) 2891 1180

What are all the Eligibility

You can vote in a geographical area If:

  • You are a permanent resident within Hong Kong Special Administrative Region. Hong Kong Special Administrative Region according to the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Passports Ordinance (Cap. 539)
  • You usually are a resident of Hong Kong
  • You have reached the age of 18 of age , or you will attain the age of 18 prior to or on the 25th of September (for District Council Election year) or the 25th of July (for Non District Council Election year)
  • You are a holder of an identity document that is valid, for like an Hong Kong permanent identity card
  • You are not in any way disqualified or legal prohibition to sign up

In general, those who are not registered include:

  • those who are found by the Mental Health Ordinance (Cap. 363)) incapable, because of mental incapacities to manage and control their affairs and property

that are part of any military

The Document is required

  • The electoral roll is the listing of the registered voters who are eligible to vote in a specific location.
  • Only those who have been registered as an elector/voter are able to exercise their vote in Legislative Council and District Council elections.
  • The following steps will show you how to apply to become a voters to vote in Hong Kong.

External Links

  • The Voter Register Hong Kong:



Leave a Comment