How to Apply for Reregistration of Cancelled Motor Vehicle in Nigeria

 Apply for Reregistration of Cancelled Motor Vehicle in Nigeria By Yourself

  • In order to apply for re-registration of an Cancelled Motor Vehicle in person the applicant must go to the offices of the Federal Road Safety Corps or Central Motor Registry.
  • Contact information and address for contact details of Federal Road Safety Corps office can be found on the following web page: Link

  • Visit the office to obtain the Re-registration application for cancelled motor vehicles form from the appropriate department.
  • Check to see if you have all the documents you need on the “Required documents” section of this page.
  • Then, fill out the application form by providing the correct information regarding you and your vehicle for which registration renewal is required.
  • In the application form, you must specify the kind of vehicle for which registration needs to be completed. Pay the charges at the office.
  • Include the necessary documents in the application form and send it to the appropriate authority in the offices.
  • After the submission of the application, it will be accompanied by additional documents can be sent to the examiner and verification process.
  • After the verification and verification procedures are completed the application will be approved by the authorities and they are then able to begin taking the required steps to re-register the applicant.
  • Once the registration document is in the process of being collected the applicant will be sent an official notification from the office. The applicant will be able to collect it using any method that is appropriate.

Documents Required For Apply for Reregistration

  • Application form completed
  • Current and acceptable evidence of identity
  • Evidence of residential address
  • The Deregistration and Cancellation certificate (if needed)
  • Any supporting document (as instructed)

Office Locations and Contacts

Federal Road Safety Corps,National Headquarters,
No. 4. Maputo Street,
Zone 3. Wuse,
Phone: 0700- 2255- 377
Toll-free Number Toll Free Number: The number is 122.
Website: Link
NIGERIAN Police Force: Link

What are all the Eligibility

  • Anyone who owns a vehicle that wants to re-register the de-registered or cancelled motor vehicle, may apply.


Contact the office of the officials to inquire about the fees.


  • The applicants are advised to fill in the application form in a neat and in complete detail with perfect accuracy and legibility to avoid rejection. Additionally, all required documents must be provided in completeness.
  • Candidates can inquire with the office regarding the fee details and the payment process in case they have any questions.

The Information You Need

  • The name and the surnames of applicants
  • Identification number
  • Email address
  • License number
  • The specifics of the motor car

The Document is required

  • A vehicle that has been de-registered or canceled belonging to a person within Nigeria Republic of Nigeria must obtain Re-registration certificates to allow the vehicle to be used in Nigerian roads.




Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here