How to Apply For Single Status Certificate in Niger

Apply For Single Status Certificate in Niger

It is advised to follow the guidelines of certain authorities believe are essential. Anyone who wants to marry abroad require special documents. In the beginning, couples need to sign a declaration that is processed by the local office where marriage papers are issued. The declaration must originate from the state in which you reside in the Niger. In this declaration will be noted the fact that there hasn’t been any marriage in the past few years.

Because these kinds of documents are needed to participate in foreign affairs, you requires a local or state-issued registrar’s account or declaration that is certified to work abroad.

  • Visit the Civil Registry office where marriages are recorded.
  • Bring in and sign the necessary documents.
  • Complete a form and make a declaration.
  • Make the payment.

Required Documents For Single Status Certificate

  • National identity card or passport.
  • Address proof.
  • If you divorced Decree Absolute.
  • If widowed or divorced, Death Certificate of the previous partner (and the Marriage Certificate).
  • In the event that your address has changed through Deed Poll the proof is required.
  • The applicable fee.

Office Locations and Contacts

Ministry of Foreign Affairs Co-operation African Integration , and Nigeriens AbroadPhone: +2272072 21 12
Fax: +227 20 73 52 31

Liste of diplomatic missions in Niger

What are all the Eligibility

To allow non-nationals to get married in a foreign country, you’ll likely have to provide legally valid documentation from the country you are a citizen of which proves that you are single and you are able to marry. This is referred to as a ‘Certificate without Impediment or ‘Certificate of Coutume’ or ‘Certificate Of Nulla Osta’, or a “Certificate of Freedom to Wed’.


  • With a sworn statement, the applicant proves they are the person claims to be. It is a Single Status letter or Affidavit that declares that they can and are allowed to marry, and other things. Be aware that one aspect of this Single Status Affidavit, is that it is not a document issued by the government but rather an affiant’s letter that was signed before the notary public. A fascinating aspect about this kind of paper is that it has various names for it. Take a check out this listing: “Single Status Statutory Declaration” or”Single Status Statutory Declaration” or “Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage” or an “Single Status Certificate” or “Free-to-marry declaration”.
  • Certificate of no impediment for the marriage
  • You can get this information through the area’s department of foreign affairs or the Embassy in the country the country where you’re planning to get married.
  • Certificate of Single Status/Sworn Affidavit stating that you are not in a position to get married.
  • They are like the Certificate of no Impediment However, instead, you need to prove that you are legally single before a legally authorized representative.

The Information You Need

  • Full Name
  • Number of ID or Passport
  • The place and date of birth
  • Nationality
  • Statement
  • Date
  • Signed by the one who has declared
  • Signature of witnesses

The Document is required

  • An Single Status Certification, also called Affidavit of No Marriage, Certificate of Freedom to Wed or Certificate of Non Impediment is a legally endorsed declaration that states you are able to marry.
  • Overseas marriage authorities typically require additional proof that the person is free to get married. This could be an affirmation in the Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages that there is no record of the couple having previously been married, or a single status certificate or “No Records Results”.

Information that can be useful

Be aware that a basic Single Status Certificate or Certificate of No Impediment might not be enough by itself to permit the marriage to occur in a different country. It is possible that you will be required by authorities in the foreign country to follow these requirements, so make sure you give enough time to process.

  • Certificates could require translation.
  • Certificates could require endorsement or exchanged with a locally acceptable certificate issued by the Embassy or Consulate in the country you are planning to marry.
  • Certificates might require legalization i.e. authentically stamped referred to in the field of Apostille.
  • Certificates can require witnesses to sign an Affidavit declaring that you are legally married and that the certificate is affixed.

Other uses for the document/certificate

It is essential that the Bride & Groom to be married must present the country of their citizenship and individual certificates of no impediment or Sworn Certificate of Single Status/Sworn affidavit to prove that they are married and single. This is also known as an affidavit of single-status or a negative marriage statement. The document is available from the Bureau of Vital statistics in their town where they reside.

External Links

Government of Niger

The Presidency of Republic of Niger

Ministry of Justice of Niger


  • If you plan to marry in a foreign country, you might be required to get the Certificate of Non-Impediment. The document can be referred to by many names, including Declaration of Non-Impediment for Marrying, Statutory Declaration of Single Status Affidavit of a Planned marriage, Statement In-Lieu Certificate of Non-Impediment to Marriage in another country and Certificate de Coutume, a Certificate of Non Impediment or Certificate of Nulla Obsta, Certificate of Independence to marry or simply the right to get married.
  • These certificates are different in the amount of time they’re valid for and can, in some cases, only be just a couple of months. Certain countries require certificates to not be older than two or three months prior to the date the wedding. So, it is crucial to research the requirements that will apply to your particular situation and pay special attention to the timelines when applying for an official certificate with No Impediment.




Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here