Apply for Slaughterhouse Licence (permit) In Uganda By Online
- Permits or licenses for slaughterhouses is available from the Municipal Council Authority near your site.
- The person who slaughters animals or birds that is intended to be sold to the public or for consumption by the public outside of a licensed slaughterhouse.
- The person who is not allowed to, within the confines that are set by the Municipal Council, slaughter an animal or bird inside an animal slaughterhouse unless with the approval from the Municipal Council.
- Complete the application form in accordance with the guidelines of the municipal council.
- After filling out the form, complete the form and pay the cost.
- Complete the dully filled form, along with your Pay slips for the authorized officer in charge of the region in which the slaughterhouse is situated or near Authorized Health inspector office whose staff will inspect your Slaughterhouse.
- Take possession of Your Slaughterhouse Licence certificate from where the application was made within two working days from the date your application was accepted by the municipal offices in case there is no rejection.
- In the case of Butcher Shops, the business permit/licence may be directly obtained from the Town Clerk in the Municipality or Division/City Authority.
- The Municipal Council may fix the time for slaughtering of birds or animals based in the slaughterhouse on the permit.
Note: A person shall not enter any slaughterhouse located within the municipal council’s area of jurisdiction without permission of the Council only if an authorized worker is permitted to enter during the working hours.
Required Documents For Apply for Slaughterhouse Licence
- Clearance from the Ministry of Trade, Industry and Cooperatives for non-nationals
- For new businesses – Original registration certificate (Business name)
- Certificate of Incorporation (Company)
- Letter of confirmation of Uganda Registration Services Bureau
- Original lease and tenancy contract from the Landlord for building the slaughterhouse.
- Initial trading License from the previous year’s in operation
Office Locations and Contacts
Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries(MAAIF)Lugard Avenue Entebbe
P.O. Box 102 Entebbe, Uganda
Tel: +256 414 320 006
Contact Email: email@example.com
Site: Ministry of Agriculture
Kampala Capital City Authority
Plot 1-3 Sir Appolo Kaggwa Road
PO BOX 7010 Kampala, Uganda
Tel: +256 204 660000, +256 414 581294
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Web site: Kampala City Council Authority
or Call the Municipal Council offices across the nation. Municipal Regional Offices
Municipal Council Headquarters Offices are spread throughout the entire country.
Gulu Municipal Council HQ
C/O District Local Government Airport road
P.O.BOX 201 Gulu
Phone: +256 751000910
Email Address: Gulumnc@gmail.com
Mbarara Municipal Council HQ
Council Building (White House)
District Local Governance Plot No. 12 Galt Road, Mbarara
P. O. Box 290 Mbarara, Uganda.
Phone: +256 485420955
Jinja Municipal Council HQ
District Local Government Busoga Square
P.O Box 720, Jinja, Uganda
Email Address: email@example.com
Entebbe Municipal Council HQ
District Local Government Circular Road, Plot 2A Entebbe.
P.O Box 32 Entebbe, Uganda
Phone: +256 772 489 466
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bushenyi District Local Governance
District Local Government Mbarara – Kasese road.
P.O Box 01 Bushenyi, Uganda
Email Address: email@example.com
Site: Bushenyi Municipality
Lira Municipal Council HQ
District Local Authority Lira District Local Government Lira Gulu Road.
P.O.Box 49 Lira, Uganda
Phone: +256(0473) 420219
Kasese District Local Governance
District Local Authorities Rukooki, Kasese
P.O Box 250, Rukooki, Kasese, Uganda
Phone: +256 392888974
Mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Kitgum Municipal Council HQ
District Local Governance Achua County Kitgum
P.O Box 28,Kitgum, Uganda
Kitgum municipal Council
Mubende District Local Government
Municipal Local Government District Mubende town
P.O Box 93,Mubende Uganda
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hoima Municipal Council HQ
District Local Government Hoima, Kampala Road
P.O.Box 149, Hoima, Uganda
Phone: +256 772 566776
Email Address: email@example.com
Kira Municipal Council
P.O Box 25749, Kampala, Uganda
Nansana Municipal Council HQ
District Local Governance Nansana Town Wakiso
P.O Box 7218, Kampala Uganda
Phone: +256 702 459893, +256 704 308272
Mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Masaka Municipal Council HQ
District Local Government Plot 11 Elgin Street
P.O.BOX Masaka, 201 Masaka
Contact Email: email@example.com
Anyone who is interested in the slaughter of animals, operating a Slaughterhouse are eligible if they meet the criteria set by the Ministry of Agriculture Animal industries and Fisheries.
The Municipal Council shall determine the charges for the slaughter of birds or animals in the slaughterhouse from time to the time.
Valid for one year.
Processing time for processing is maximum at 2 days.
The owner of a slaughterhouse must not permit or allow animals or birds that is not the animal or bird that is designed to be slaughtered in the slaughterhouse.
The Information You Need
- Name of Licensee
- License Number
- The name of the slaughterhouse
- Date of publication
- Signature of the applicant.
Information that could be helpful
- Any person who is in charge of an animal or bird that is intended to be slaughtered at a slaughterhouse must take either the bird or animal to a slaughterhouse, or an area designated by the Municipal Council for the slaughter of birds or animals not more than 12 hours preceding the slaughter of the bird or animal.
- A authorised officer can at any time inspect any animal or bird that is intended to be slaughtered in a slaughterhouse, and can prohibit the slaughter of the animal or bird if or believes that the bird or animal is sick.
- An authorized officer is able to at any time seize any animal in the slaughterhouse to be examined by a medical doctor who is a health official or vet officer. If the health officer or vet officer determines that this meat not suitable to be consumed by humans the officer authorized to do so may decide to destroy the meat.
- This permit is not applicable to the importation of meat legally into Uganda that is slaughtered at an approved slaughterhouse in the Municipal Council.