How to Apply for Special Pass In Uganda

Apply for Special Pass In Uganda By Yourself

  1. Make sure you have all the documents required as well as the fee recommended and go to your Uganda the immigration department or the embassy of your country to find out more information.
  2. Visit the desk of services and ask for the application form. Read carefully the instructions and then fill it in accurately. Form for application
  3. Assessment of payments is done through The Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) portal for fees that are charged. Once the assessment is completed. A choice of payment method is then made (bank or mobile payment) and the payment Registration Number (PRN) is issued.
  4. Payment is made in the next step against the PRN with the method of your choice
  5. Fill out the form completely and attach the required documents you need to the officer , who will check and process your form Then you will be issued an official receipt.
  6. If all the details is correct and all information is correct, you will receive a pass with the pass in two days.

Register Online

  1. Visit the ministry of Immigration web portal review the terms and conduction, then click “Accept” to start the online application process.
  2. Select the type of application. Under the visa or permit type drop-down box, select “special passes” and under the category drop box, select “the application you’re seeking” and under the subcategory drop box choose “3 or five months ” then click “Next”
  3. you’re required to fill in the application form. Read through the instructions carefully before filling out the form correctly.
  4. You’ll be required to upload all required documents
  5. The last step is to submit the application form by clicking on “submit”
  6. After all documents and application form have been verified The special pass will then be issued and emailed to you following the payment of fees through on the Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) website portal

Required Documents For Apply for Special Pass

  1. Correctly filled in specific form
  2. A copy of the contract or appointment letter
  3. A valid passport (copy with original)
  4. Confirmed return ticket
  5. Recent passport photograph
  6. Letter of cover for the applicant
  7. Receipt slips from banks (proof for payment)

Office Locations and Contacts

Ministry of Internal Affairs and immigrationPlot 75, Jinja rd.
P.O.Box 791, Kampala
Tel: +256414595945
Fax: +256 424 434 088
Website: MIA

UGANDA REVENUE Authorization
P. O. Box 7279 Kampala Uganda
Telecommunications (0417) 442054 or 442055 and 443150 Fax: (0414)334419
Web portal: URA
URA Toll-free Helpline 0800117000

Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) branch offices:
Office location


  • Foreigners who must stay for a short period of time in Uganda for a brief timeframe not exceeding 5 months



  • A special pass that is valid for three or five months

Documents to Utilize

Processing Time

  • within 2 business days


  • Assessments of payment are made using an online portal. Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) portal for fees charged. After the assessment is completed. The payment option is offered (bank and mobile payments) and the payment Registration Number (PRN) is issued.
  • The payment is then made against the PRN with the method of your choice

The Information You Need

  1. Name of the person applying
  2. Address of the applicant’s address
  3. Occupation
  4. The applicant’s gender
  5. Name of the passport holder
  6. The date of birth of the applicant
  7. The applicant’s marital status
  8. The nationality of the applicant
  9. The signature of the person applying
  10. The purpose of the application
  11. Address for email/residential
  12. Number of the applicant’s phone

The Document is required

  • Special passes are visa for temporary use that is valid for three or five months. it can be extended at the request of the applicant.

Information that could be helpful

  • Ugandan authorities are continuing to give Special Pass permits for short-term assignments between five and five months. they have stopped accepting Special Pass applications for employees who plan to stay in Uganda for longer than five years. Furthermore, authorities are now reviewing and denying the applications for work permits that don’t conform to Ugandan advertising regulations.

Other uses for the document/certificate

  • The certificate may be used by tourists from abroad who are already located in Uganda for extending their time in Uganda
  • It is issued when an application for a work permit has been completed and also for foreigners entering the country to work under short-term contracts.
  • It is also utilized by those who wish to obtain medical advice, diplomatic works and diplomatic services in Uganda

External Links




Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here